Honda eu3000is generator

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
NoneDoes anyone know if a Honda eu3000is generator will fit inside the front storage compartment of sundance:confused: ,not sure if the landing gear inside cross shaft will rub against the top of the generator:confused:

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Dinensions for the Honda EU3000 are (L x W x H ) 25.8" x 18.9" x 22.4" We own a 2900mk Height in front storges is 19.0"

dtomlinson

I have the Honda eu3000is gen. I didn't want to add any more to the pin weight, so mounted it on a rack on rear of my 3200es Sundance. I had my dealer weld on a very heavy duty rear hitch receiver, mounted to the frame with 2 heavy cross tubes. Since my power cord is at rear of trailer, this works out well. I now have a Hitch Hauler Rack with gen. on it. We just returned from a 2 month trip to the Southwest and the setup works great! I got the generator with the remote start, so can be started and stopped from in trailer. I will be installing a GearDeck 17 enclosed box on back in place of open rack, to protect the gen from rain and road slop.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
dtomlinson;thank you for the info ,do you have any pictures on installation you can post? wife wants to see what it looks like; thank you for info TRAVELER07

dtomlinson

Here is photos of our installation.

Attachments

• gen install.jpg
    gen install.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 116
  • gen install2.jpg
    gen install2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 125

StevieWonder

FWIW, the Yamaha 2800is WILL fit in the forward storage compartment. Obviously it's 200W less power, but it WILL run ONE 13.5K BTU A/C unit plus TV, lights, etc. When you want to run the microwave or a coffeemaker, just turn the A/C unit to fan only until it's finished cooking. VERY quiet unit just like the Honda (60 dB) and less expensive too ... HALF the price of the Honda. It's also considerably lighter and a bit more fuel efficient. Here are some manufacturer's specs:

2,800 Max Rated Watts
Generator can produce 2,800 watts for up to 20 minutes
2,500 rated watts for continuous operation over 20 minutes
7,500 watt surge for up to 3 seconds

Inverter Technology
Safely power computers and sensitive electronics

Smart Throttle™
Engine speed varies based on load

12-Volt DC Output
Recharge 12-volt batteries for RV, auto, marine, aircraft, etc.

tab_specs.gif

shim_orange.gif
MODEL NUMBEREF2800i
VOLTAGE120V AC/12V DC
FREQUENCY60 Hertz
ENGINE5.5-HP OHV Yamaha
ELECTRIC START = No
IDLE CONTROL = Yes
AUTO VOLTAGE REGULATION = Inverter
LOW OIL ALERT = Yes
FUEL TANK = 3.0 Gallons
RUN TIME (25% LOAD) = 17 Hours
PORTABILITY KIT = Not Necessary
LIMITED WARRANTY = 2 Year Consumer
WEIGHT64 Lbs.
DIMENSIONS 19.2" x 15.5" x 16.7"
DECIBEL LEVEL 60-67 dB(A) @ 7 Meters

I transport mine in fwd storage compartment. It fits like a glove and is easy to get in and out by myself. I place it under the trailer at the rear when using it. That way it's protected from the elements during transport and when in operation.

Here's a link to one source. You can Google 'Yamaha 2800i" and find lots of others.

http://salestores.com/yamaha15.html

GaryB

FWIW, the Yamaha 2800is WILL fit in the forward storage compartment. Obviously it's 200W less power, but it WILL run ONE 13.5K BTU A/C unit plus TV, lights, etc. When you want to run the microwave or a coffeemaker, just turn the A/C unit to fan only until it's finished cooking. VERY quiet unit just like the Honda (60 dB) and less expensive too ... HALF the price of the Honda. It's also considerably lighter and a bit more fuel efficient. Here are some manufacturer's specs:

Stevie,

Do you own one of these? I'm debating between this open frame model (rated 60-67db) and a Yamaha EF2400is (closed frame model rated 53-59db). I was wondering how much louder the EF2800is? Can it run a 15000 btu AC unit?

Thanks!
Gary

StevieWonder

I do own a Yamaha 2800i. I've had it almost 3 yrs with NO issues whatsoever.

I'm not sure on a 15K A/C unit. It will pull 7500 (NOT a misprint) watts for 3 seconds, so I know it has the starting capacity. If the compressor doesn't run for more than 20 min at a time, the little generator will pull 2800watts/23amps so I think it will carry it. To be sure check the power requirements for the 15K unit and check it against those numbers. I'm sure that you're load capacity for other items would be limited (no coffee makers, microwave, other high draw items) for SIMULTANEOUS use. But if you plan your usage, you should be able to put the A/C in the fan only mode while using the other items and then go back to the A/C mode when you're finished with the other items.

I did check one website and it listed the power draw for the 15K A/C as 15.4 amps which is well within the limits, including starting, of the Yamaha 2800i generator. It would give you about 7amps to spare when the compressor is running, enough to run a decent sized TV.

One other thing; you might want to consider putting your fridge on propane while running the A/C on this generator to ensure the total draw is within limits.