Big Country 3900 FLP - are they right now?

benmack1

Sorry if this is not the right section, feel free to move it.

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new BC 3900FLP. I was doing some snooping and see a recall about the pin weight being too light and the fix being an axle move to the rear. I see the dates of mfg being between 9/23/14 and 1/12/15 as the impacted units. So if I get one made later than that January 12, 2015 date are they right now? It looks like the newest ones don't have the drivers side door anymore, I assume that is related to moving the axles back further? Any thoughts appreciated, I am thinking maybe I should find a different mfg or model, this makes me queasy unless I can fully understand the newest ones are made right (I don't want a fixed one).

jimtoo

Hi benmack1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

They knew which ones were affected by the recall and have made necessary repairs to the ones in dealer stock. Probably better than what is normal production. But if your concerned about a certain one, you might call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 with the VIN.

Enjoy the forum and join the Heartland Family.

Jim M

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Sorry if this is not the right section, feel free to move it.

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new BC 3900FLP. I was doing some snooping and see a recall about the pin weight being too light and the fix being an axle move to the rear. I see the dates of mfg being between 9/23/14 and 1/12/15 as the impacted units. So if I get one made later than that January 12, 2015 date are they right now? It looks like the newest ones don't have the drivers side door anymore, I assume that is related to moving the axles back further? Any thoughts appreciated, I am thinking maybe I should find a different mfg or model, this makes me queasy unless I can fully understand the newest ones are made right (I don't want a fixed one).

If you order one right from the factory, yes you would be OK. Even if you found one at a dealers lot it should of been fixed due to the recall that Heartland had. I'm sure that Heartland would not allow any of the units to stay out their not being fixed.

danemayer

On our RV, the build date is printed on a large label attached to the frame. If looking at a unit in dealer stock, you'll be able to tell by the label whether the unit was built after the affected date range.

AAdams

I am sure that all the ones coming out of the factory now have had the fix applied. I bet that problem cost Heartland a bundle in labor, parts, transportation cost etc. and they wouldn't want to have to repeat that mistake again. I know that the Bighorn FL had the same problem. We special ordered our Bighorn and will be picking it up on the 5-5-15. This is our 3rd Heartland because they have always treated me fairly when it came to any problem. Not saying that they always gave me everything I wanted ( I can want a lot when things don't go right ) but fair, and really that is all one should expect. From the pictures we received of ours, the axles have been moved back to the correct position.