Large clear lights

On our big country 5th wheel there are 2 lights one on the entry side front most part of trailer and one on the other side in the middle for the life of me I can't find how to turn them on
any help would be great
thanks

danemayer

Those sound like the "scare" lights. If this is a 2012 unit, the obvious question is whether they've ever worked. If you're the 2nd owner, it may be that the light bulbs need to be replaced.

dbbls59

The control on the remote is the light symbol at the top of it. Push it once to turn it on, again to turn it off.

We just got our 2013 Big Country 5th wheel last year and have been having the same problem with these lights. There are 4 remotes that came with it, but none have the light symbol at the top. What else does your remote control?

jimtoo

Hi Wolfman409,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of out other members with the remote will jump in soon with some help for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Dan, do you know of a replacement led bulb for the scare lights? I think I replaced the original bulb with a standard 1156.

danemayer

Dan, do know of a replacement led bulb for the scare lights? I think I replaced the original bulb with a standard 1156.

For some reason, mine had different bulbs on each side. I think the doorside was an 1156. I think the off-door-side was a bulb with higher lumens output. Don't remember the number though. I was surprised at the short life of the incandescent bulbs so I replaced both with LEDs. On the off-door-side I think I found a 300 lumen BA15 bulb.