Water leaking from rear of trailer

C

Craig Marten

I just finished taking my Landmark back to the dealer for the second time to fix a water problem. After pulling in the rain water is collecting inside the undercarriage of the trailer. The panels that hold the floor insulation sag from the weight of the wet insulation. By poking holes in the panel clear water runs out. The dealer told me they pulled the panels off when I picked it up last time. However today the same service manager said we may have to drop the panels off.

The main reason for the detail has anyone else had this problem with their Landmarks? I have requested to be called when they have the panels off so I can see how much rust I have and if any electrical connections have been compromised.

Any information is welcomed.

Craig

co4me

Hi Craig,

A week ago I noticed water dripping out from the large underbelly panel covering the holding tanks on my Landmark. I removed all the screws and lowered the large underbelly panel. The insulation was soggy so I removed all of it to dry out.

I thought I must have a water leak but cannot find any leak at all. I am going to have it checked out by my dealer but I am now on the road for the next 6 weeks so I put the underbelly back on and kept the insulation out.

I hadn't thought about rainwater causing this - it has been a few weeks since I have been through any rainwater. Did the service manager come up with a solution to keep yours from leaking in the future?

Bill

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Guys
Well, I don't have good news on this one. I do congratulate Co4me for getting the screws out to lower the under belly panel, since mine are screwed in from the inside, and the under belly had to be cut into pieces to take it down. I discovered water dripping from mine and tool it in to have it check. the service man had to take the whole bottom off, thought the water was coming from the fresh water tank, the insulation was wet from the back all the way to the front. It took him about six hours to determine that the black and gray tanks were leaking from the intake at the tanks, seems that they did not get sealed during assembly. He had to mix up some epoxy to put around the piping going into the tanks, replace the insulation, and finally re-do the under belly panel. All said it took two days but fixed the problem. Have your repair person to check this while he has the bottom open. Good Luck.

Glenn

co4me

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the information on your water leak. I had my underbelly off for about 5 days and tried everything I could think of with the water system to see if it would leak again - including flushing the tanks. Never could get it to leak again. The water that leaked seemed to be clear and not from any grey tanks. But it could be the grey tanks - anyway, I plan to take it to a dealer when I get near one I think would do a thorough job of checking it out.

Bill
co4me