Slid Ceiling falling down

LAZYGRANCH

1st 5th ever owned-need some advise on slide ceiling-bought used (2007) but not from Heartland dealer--spoke to Mr. Fenner and sent pics of problem--was advised to have dealer pull off fascia and raise roof past level--I don't see how raising roof will raise ceiling--am I wrong?? I was hoping that Heartland would fix a structural problem--am I wrong again?? could some one please advise me on what I have to do--Thank You:confused:

jbeletti

Frank and Susan,

I suggest you give Mr. Fenner's solution a go. Get with your dealer and give them a chance to make it right.

Unless your slide-out room roof is caving in, the ceiling material is not "structural".

Please get it in and taken care of.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
1st 5th ever owned-need some advise on slide ceiling-bought used (2007) but not from Heartland dealer--spoke to Mr. Fenner and sent pics of problem--was advised to have dealer pull off fascia and raise roof past level--I don't see how raising roof will raise ceiling--am I wrong?? I was hoping that Heartland would fix a structural problem--am I wrong again?? could some one please advise me on what I have to do--Thank You:confused:

I think what Mr. Fenner may be referring to when he uses the term "roof" is the roof of the slide out. We have the same trailer just a few digits difference in the VIN. Our large slide roof sags about an inch in the center. It hasn't caused any issues for us yet. I think the fix may be to remove the fascia on the interior, raise the ceiling/roof to just past level, keep it supported and re-attach the fascia. Depending on how long ago you purchased your 5ver, you may be able to negotiate something with your dealer. I don't think a warranty transfers to 2nd owners on RVs. I had an issue with a travel trailer by Dutchman. Bought it used less than a year old and it tracked off to one side while towing. Dutchman wouldn't even respond to any means of communications. I ended up relocating the spring mounts myself. I know this isn't what you were hoping to hear but that's the way things are in this industry. Try again to talk with Heartland in a calm and professional manner and they may help. Can't hurt to try again.

LAZYGRANCH

Thank You Ray and Mr.Beletti --As it goes--I'm over 500 miles from the dealer that I bought from--I'm pretty good with my hands so it looks like I'll try to do what is suggested--It can't get any worse--and as you stated the roof is about 1-2" low in the center of the slide roof--thank you both

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
See Frank I told you when I met you this week at the Emerald Cove Resort, if you posted your problem on the forum you might get some help from moderators and members. I do believe warranties do transfer, especially if you bought it from a dealer. Earnhardt told me before I bought my BH elsewhere they sell alot of Bighorns. I would contact Heartland Customer Service and find out the status of your warranty. I would also recommend if they are paying for it, to take it to your local RV repair shop, making sure they have worked on Heartland products before. Good luck and nice to have met you and your wife.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Frank, way to go. Poor Larry (crash) will never live it down. He's a really good guy. The information you got here is only a drop in the bucket as to the wealth of information on this site. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Bob,
I don't care if I never live it down. I felt it was important to bring out that mishaps occur on the road, and if it helps one person, I have done my job. Interestingly enough, many of the forum members either PM'd me or wrote notes on the Forum of their secret accidents and problems they caused themselves. They were very supportive of me, so don't feel sorry, I don't, I am just learning from my experiences. Notice I am still cruising along the road to the next destination. I am much more careful as we all should be.