Washer/Dryer Time for 2015 Cyclone 4200

ndmac

DW and I have decided its time!

I need some advice on Washer/dryer options for my Cyclone 4200.
What fits? What's best? Install pro/cons etc..
Prefer no mod's when I install..

Pictures if you have any?

will be installing myself and want to make sure it will go through all openings and over dresser and into the W/D closet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a Cyclone, but I am in the middle of installing a W/D in my Bighorn in a similar location.
I will be removing the bedroom door and possible the door jamb. I will need to unscrew the door striker before pulling off the jamb.
I have removed the W/D closet doors to give me as much room as possible.
I also installed an overflow pan with a PEX drain line which goes under the dresser and exits through my battery/hydraulic compartment.
I got a call from my dealer that everything is in so today I will be drilling a 4" hole in the side for the dryer vent.
If I can find some muscular help I will have it done mañana.
Hope this gives you a few ideas for your install.

Peace
Dave

OEFVET

I have the Splendide washer and dryer. The washer is on the bottom and the dryer is on top. It needed to be vented so a hole was cut for it. It fits great. Be sure to install it with the drip pan just in case you have spills. Also ensure you use the hardware to keep the drain hose from coming out. I can't show pictures because I'm not near my rig. I had the dealer install. My reason was to ensure the vent whole was done correctly.

I will tell you the great thing about the 4200 is it's so heavy you don't feel the shaking that smaller rigs tend to have with the front mounted washer dryers.

ndmac

I don't have a Cyclone, but I am in the middle of installing a W/D in my Bighorn in a similar location.
I will be removing the bedroom door and possible the door jamb. I will need to unscrew the door striker before pulling off the jamb.
I have removed the W/D closet doors to give me as much room as possible.
I also installed an overflow pan with a PEX drain line which goes under the dresser and exits through my battery/hydraulic compartment.
I got a call from my dealer that everything is in so today I will be drilling a 4" hole in the side for the dryer vent.
If I can find some muscular help I will have it done mañana.
Hope this gives you a few ideas for your install.

Peace
Dave

Cookie,
Yes. This is great help.
Good luck with your install.

ndmac

I have the Splendide washer and dryer. The washer is on the bottom and the dryer is on top. It needed to be vented so a hole was cut for it. It fits great. Be sure to install it with the drip pan just in case you have spills. Also ensure you use the hardware to keep the drain hose from coming out. I can't show pictures because I'm not near my rig. I had the dealer install. My reason was to ensure the vent whole was done correctly.

I will tell you the great thing about the 4200 is it's so heavy you don't feel the shaking that smaller rigs tend to have with the front mounted washer dryers.

OFVET,
Thanks for feedback. I'm glad hear that you don't feel the shaking in 4200. That is great news.

Randor

DW and I have decided its time!

I need some advice on Washer/dryer options for my Cyclone 4200.
What fits? What's best? Install pro/cons etc..
Prefer no mod's when I install..

Pictures if you have any?

will be installing myself and want to make sure it will go through all openings and over dresser and into the W/D closet.

I have a 4150 and I couldn't fit my w/d through the pocket door going through the bathroom. Instead I placed it in the front of the garage next to the rear bathroom. I hook it up in the back bath. It works great for me and I don't get all the humidity in the closet area. If it happens to leak like some have had issues with, it is already on the rubberized garage floor and "shouldn't" do any damage and just drain out the back.

IMG_5566.jpg

ndmac

Randor,
Not sure why they do that when they build these things.
If you put W/D prep in at least allow the doors to be wide enough to pass a narrow 24" appliance through it.
Oh well, get out the tape measure and see what have to look forward too.

Thanks for your input.

Randor

Randor,
Not sure why they do that when they build these things.
If you put W/D prep in at least allow the doors to be wide enough to pass a narrow 24" appliance through it.
Oh well, get out the tape measure and see what have to look forward too.

Thanks for your input.

The doorway with the pocket door is 19" wide. The smallest w/d I could find was 22". When I called HL to find out what they based their measurements on or what model fit, I was told they didn't. I was told to take the pocket door apart. Decided I didn't want to do that on a new rig. And I like the humidity not being in my closet and it being on the rubber floor. BUT - it would be nice to have the option to put it in the spot that is actually plumbed for it.

ndmac

The doorway with the pocket door is 19" wide. The smallest w/d I could find was 22". When I called HL to find out what they based their measurements on or what model fit, I was told they didn't. I was told to take the pocket door apart. Decided I didn't want to do that on a new rig. And I like the humidity not being in my closet and it being on the rubber floor. BUT - it would be nice to have the option to put it in the spot that is actually plumbed for it.

This does leave one scratching their head? They did not design the unit for install or removal/replacement of a major appliance that they included prep for????

Well luckily my door leading up to BR is 23" (Trim to Trim) and by removing the door and some trim on one side it should go fairly easy.

W/D Closet had some thought put into it, plenty of room in it.

OEFVET

Door removal will be all you need to get them in the bedroom closet. You will love the W/D setup. Good luck with the installation.

ndmac

Door removal will be all you need to get them in the bedroom closet. You will love the W/D setup. Good luck with the installation.

OEFVET,
I just noticed that the depth of the unit is only 22-5/8" so you are correct, door removal only.
Thanks for your help!