Looking at a 2011elkridge 29rksa

GMR

I have a excel now and I am thinking of trading it for a 2011 29 ft elkridge. My excel is made for full time use and I want a shorter lighter one to pull places and camp. What do you think of the elkridge?
And thanks for the input!!:)

danemayer

I have a excel now and I am thinking of trading it for a 2011 29 ft elkridge. My excel is made for full time use and I want a shorter lighter one to pull places and camp. What do you think of the elkridge?

Hi GMR,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

We have some Elkridge owners who are full-time or go on extended trips and I'm sure they'll comment shortly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hi GMR, welcome to the forum! We use our ElkRidge for extended trips in 100+ degree summer and -10 degree winter, and here lately, as a temporary residence in Texas. We love our rig, but I would tell you it is NOT built for full-time living, and is very much a recreational unit. We have had to make modifications to use it in those extremes and be comfortable.

Through 5 years of ownership (ours is a 2010 34QSRL), we have upgraded here and there many items throughout the coach. And as with any RV, things break or need maintenance, so we take the opportunity to improve along the way. I would say out coach is not equivalent to a stock ElkRidge now. ;)

If you have specific concerns, you can send me a Private Message through the forum, and I can give you more targeted feedback.

Overall, our ER has done very well to serve us for recreational use. When compared to the competition, ER still stands out above the others.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crumgater

We have a 2010 29RKSA. We Love it!

Good kitchen space (although the oven is small... and we DO use the oven).
We replaced the 2 recliners with a wall-hugger reclining love seat.
We also added the 4-point ground control leveling system.

Other than that, we haven't done much to it.
We don't full time, and other than a week or two in 100+F heat a year, we have the doors and windows open for fresh air.

I'd say we've put maybe 10,000 miles on it in our 5 years with it.

olcoon

We have a 2011 27RLSS, with 1 slide & 30' long. We average living in it about 6 months out of the year, with work camping & going to rallys. We love it, but with 1 slide & no closet going across the front we find we are kind of short of storage space, because when we leave home we have to take summer clothes & winter clothes, and when the seasons change, we have to remember where we stored the shorts or coats. I feel that even though it's not designed for full timing we wouldn't have a problem doing it in the Elk Ridge if we had a closet & 1-2 more slides. But I think you'd have to do some mods for the extreme temps like Tony & Erika have done.