Landmark Newport bed

oldfitter

As we were making the bed in our Newport we noticed there was an extra 2 1/2 inch loose memory foam under regular mattress. Is this for top of bed if you want a really firm (hard) bed. It may sound like a dumb question but the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Also our Newport didn't have the remote control for the slides and level up system but I got the instructions on how to set your own code for one. Thanks in advance for any replies.

danemayer

Hi oldfitter,

On the remote, check all the drawers and cabinets, along with the pouch full of documents. If you can't find it, call your dealer to ask where they put it. It's also possible the dealer took the remote out of the unit so that people walking through it while on the lot or at a show wouldn't try to operate it, or perhaps take it out of the unit.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
As we were making the bed in our Newport we noticed there was an extra 2 1/2 inch loose memory foam under regular mattress. Is this for top of bed if you want a really firm (hard) bed. It may sound like a dumb question but the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Also our Newport didn't have the remote control for the slides and level up system but I got the instructions on how to set your own code for one. Thanks in advance for any replies.

We got a 2015 Ashland that has the same level up system and slides. I asked about the remote they told me it was not being offered anymore and that all the new Landmark 365s do not have it.

Kenneths

My memory foam was under the mattress also, I took it for granted it was in the wrong place and moved it to the top.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I was told that my Newport had a mattress and "RV" box spring. That's how I've been using it. Tom M. what's the correct answer??

Kenneths

Keith, I don't think Tom M. monitors this particular sub-forum, so he may not see this post.

I am new here and not sure the procedure but how do we go about getting ahold of him? I would like to know what is correct regarding this if possible.

danemayer

I am new here and not sure the procedure but how do we go about getting ahold of him? I would like to know what is correct regarding this if possible.

Tom probably doesn't log in to the forum every day, but you can PM him and he'll probably respond within a few days. His userid is Tom Montague. You can also give him a call at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. If he's in the office I'm sure he'd be happy to talk with you.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use mine when hitching up alone or to operate the awning instead of having to get up to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith, I don't think Tom M. monitors this particular sub-forum, so he may not see this post.
Thanks Dan. I thought that it was about his 365 design he would monitor. Oh well, hopefully someone will contact him and we can find an answer. Not a big concern of mine, but it would be kind of nice to know.