Screw Cover Trim

StrongJava

Good morning!

I've got some damaged/failing screw cover trim on the 2008 Bighorn. I don't need to replace all of it, but do need to get about 20'. The trim cover I have is white (polar?) and rounded. This product may be close. Anyone have a good source?

And in the installation, I've noticed the existing cover almost seems folded under to create closed ends?

Thanks!

Tim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have purchased that stuff at Walmart. And you should be able to get a roll of it at any RV dealership.
And yes it is tucked in on the ends. The folds are screwed in so you will have to fold and screw the ends then tuck it into the rails.
You should have no trouble finding that around San Antonio.

Peace
Dave

StrongJava

Thanks Dave. I had not thought about Wal-Mart. The closest RV dealer we have doesn't have it in stock, but could order it, and I figured I can do that too. I can check with the RV dealer that carries Heartland.

Tim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tim, its a universal trim used on most RV's. It should not be that hard to find...just make sure you measure it to get the correct width.

caissiel

While you have the cover off check your screws.
My screws we rotten the first year and I replaced them with Stainless and dabs of calking. To late due to improperly installation of the strips my unit has rotting walls now. No mastic strips were used all over my unit.

GOTTOYS

Mine was gray and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I ordered it from Heartland. Didn't cost much. The white and off white is available anywhere they sell RV stuff. Don't try to piece it together, replace the whole strip...I think the front end is held with a screw then folded over the top of it and run along the side. At the rear it is folded over and a screw goes through it to hold it in place. A dab of caulk is then put on the screw...Don