RV Trip Wizard

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
http://www.rvtripwizard.com/

I just found this on another site. Anyone have any experience?

I signed up last year. The interface is not great and you have to get use to it but it has some neat features. The one that is really nice is that you tell it what speed you want to travel and how long you want to drive and it will draw a circle on the map to see where you can get to that day and also what RV parks are within that radius.

mlburst1

We've been using it for the last two years - IMHO best planning tool around. Since it's an overlay on Google Maps, it's always as up to date as Google.

The daily mileage radius is my favorite feature - based on mileage, planning each night’s stop is simple - the program has a huge database of campgrounds.

Since it's subscription based, you do have to pay a yearly fee but it's cheap for the great tool!

Mike

mmomega

AnyTimer
I just started using it after seeing someone mention it here and while it does take some playing around with to learn, it is quite a valuable little website.
I do just wish the interface were a bit more user friendly.

Even just the point that I can select a random spot on a highway and see all or most RV parks and their information makes it worth the price of admission IMHO.

SilverRhino

Other than the "mileage circle" this seems very similar to the Good Sam trip planner. What might set it apart would be if it downloads to various GPS brands......Good Sam does not support Garmin. Does the Trip Wizard support downloads to Garmin GPS units??

mmomega

AnyTimer
Other than the "mileage circle" this seems very similar to the Good Sam trip planner. What might set it apart would be if it downloads to various GPS brands......Good Sam does not support Garmin. Does the Trip Wizard support downloads to Garmin GPS units??
I pulled this from the RVTripWizard FAQ section. It doesn't specify Garmin as the gps so we may have to do a little more searching.

Q Does RV Trip Wizard help me navigate the trip I created?
A RV trip Wizard offers you the ability to download a trip into your GPS, all included in the same price, of course. It also allows you to print a trip summary that contains contact information for all your stops, mileage between stops and overall trip mileage, as well as trip cost estimates and GPS coordinates.

They also list campground regardless of affiliation so not only Good Sam but you could look specifically for Passport America campgrounds seeing as I think they offer a 50% discount and other campgrounds.

All of this being said, I haven't tried Good Sams Planner yet so I need to look into it soon.