Hdtv ...........

Delaine and Lindy

Direct-Tv came today and installed the HDTV system in the Landmark, however Direct-tv still does not mount the Dish on a Tri-pod. However I have the Surveyor type Tri-pod and when we travel we will mount the Slimline Dish on the Tri-pod. Also installed the Pressure Pro monitoring system on the Truck and the 5th wheel, I feel much better knowing what air pressure is in all the tires. Its been another Blessed day, Life is good. What a Country... :D GBY

Benford

I have an Augusta on order and am curious as to what date you ordered and what date your # 974 was delivered.

Delaine and Lindy

Benford, we were lucky we bought the last one the dealership had he sold 4 others that week. David the owner said if he had 5 more he though he could have sold them. Good Luck, GBY.......

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Delaine. Regarding Direct TV. Did you get the HD receiver? DVR? Bedroom receiver? We currently have a basic receiver owned by our son and get everything he gets except networks. He gets his locals on a separate dish. We plan on getting our own service so we can get networks. I want a HD/DVR in the living room and a 2nd receiver in the bedroom. I'm wondering how many inputs/cables come into the trailer. I'm hoping one for each receiver. Can you advise please? Thanks

Delaine and Lindy

Hi Ray, We only went with one HD receiver, that was a mistake should have gotten two. We had two in our other 5er. We will go and get the second receiver at a later date. We get all HD channel and locals also and if they haven' t changed we will get locals when over 200 miles from our Zip code, just have to call Direct-Tv. With new Slimline dish to run two receivers you will come off the LNB to a 4 junction block. From there you will have one RG 6 line going to each receiver inside the 5th wheel. With our Docking station there is 4 connections for Satellite. Two for the Bedroom and two for the living area? I didn't have this with my other 5er. It could be for Tivo or whatever. The Direct-Tv system also has a phone line running with the RG 6 cable. LK also gave a description of a way to only use one receiver but you will have to watch the same channel on both TV's , I will wait until Branson and talk to the experts. Hope I didn't confuse you to much. GBY....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lindy, thanks for the info. I'm fairly savvy with A/V hookups so I understand what you are saying. Once I see the 4 block I can come up with a mount and place for it in the UDC. I still need to find out if the DTV HD/DVR receiver has infrared or RF remote. If it's RF, I won't need the 2nd receiver. Thanks again!

jbeletti

Ray,

I think the DTV HD and HD-DVR receivers are UHF-RF capable. Just have to add the RF remotes. I will know on Monday first hand and let you know.