Heatpump

Lazydaze

We are in the process of ordering a 3200ES. I have searched the forums about replacing the a/c with a heat pump. Does the factory make any changes like this? The dealer didn't think so.
Thanks in advance.

jbeletti

I'd suggest you call John Leonard, the Sundance brand manager and pose that question to him. He may not want to lose a sale over it. Not sure what the cost diff. would be.

574-262-5992

Hunter11

We plan on selling our Cruiser in May and then ordering a new Big Country 3250TS and was wondering this same thing about getting 2 AC units with heat pumps. If you find out any information on this could you post your findings?

Lazydaze

re Hunter11

Sorry I cannot respond with any answers that I received from Heartland. Several emails and phone messages left with John Lenord and still waiting for response.

Jimmyt5

I had a heat pump installed in my BigHorn. The factory did not do it, but they did leave off the a/c and gave me credit for it, then the dealer installed the heat pump....

Delaine and Lindy

I have heard good things and other things about the Heat Pump, it depends a lot on the Temps. We have one in our stick house and when it gets in the teens, we will turn on the fireplace and it heats much quicker. I'm going Monday and have the second A/C installed and will go with the Penguin 13,500 in the bedroom. Would have went with the 15,000 but I wanted the low profile for the front and it pulls a few less amps. I will add the heat strip myself, its just a plug in and play very easy install, we had the heat strip on the last 5er. It doesn't put out a lot of heat but it will knock the chill down a little so DW can get things going when she first gets up.... When in Montana in July the mornings were cool in the early morning. GBY...

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Lazydays, Sorry for the delay - your question was moved to a location that I was unaware of. I have Jim here with me and he has guided me to the right location- anyway, we currently do not put in heat pumps in the Sundance line, but with new technology becoming available this might be something for us to look into, thanks for the heads up, and I will pass this onto our purchasing agent. Thanks and have a great day.

P.S. If you see anything else out there please keep us posted.

Blessed

We have two heat pumps on our Landmark. They were great down to about 40 degrees. With the heat pumps and the fireplace, I never use the furnace when I have a 50 amp hook-up.