Recommendations for solar battery tender charger

ccarrington99

North Carolina Chapter Leaders-retired
Solar newbie here....

I stored my rig at over the winter, but due to the storage crew not switching the battery shut off, it ran down my battery each time. Wanted to get some recommendations on a good solar trickle charge installation.

Looking through some of the documentation it is very confusing on what would be required, just to have the tender charging equipment. Thoughts?

Thanks

Brazos

ccarrington99
Here is a link that might have several solutions to your needs. They have small to large kits and parts. You can build a system. I have known folks that used one panel on the roof to keep their batteries charged. I think others here on the forum have used this company for their solar needs. Explore their site and see if they have something that might fit your needs. There are small solar trickle chargers out there. A family member found one at Harbor freight. I would prefer a small solar system I could add to if I decided to upgrade and rely more on solar charging.
Link: Renogy

Brazos

Renogy has 50 watt starter kits from $129 that you could mount on the roof to make the panel more fixed. At their site click on starter kits to see selections.

Link to $129 kit

GOTTOYS

I store mine with the battery in it for 3-4 months at a time. I just switch the battery off and it's wired to disconnect everything. In lieu of that I would just take the battery home and use a battery tender or trickle charger on it for much less than a solar set-up will cost...Don