Attaching something to the ceiling in the basement

Possum51

Has anyone attached something to their ceiling in the basement? We have put some light weight baskets on the wall but now we want to attach a tube to the ceiling to just store our broom, mop and walking sticks. We did it in our Double Tree trailer and it worked great but we are not sure of this ceiling in the Landmark. We want to screw in about 6 half inch screws about a foot apart. Thanks!

jbeletti

Has anyone attached something to their ceiling in the basement? We have put some light weight baskets on the wall but now we want to attach a tube to the ceiling to just store our broom, mop and walking sticks. We did it in our Double Tree trailer and it worked great but we are not sure of this ceiling in the Landmark. We want to screw in about 6 half inch screws about a foot apart. Thanks!

Shoud be fine. Ceiling (bedroom floor) is about 4" thick. Depending on the amount of weight, you may need more holding power. Consider using at least a #8 screw. Don't screw into the felted area of the ceiling as that's generally a wiring/plumbing chase.

Possum51

Jim,

I don't understand where the "felted area" is. Isn't the entire ceiling a felted area?
Also, is there a place oh here that gives me instructions on posting pictures?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On some models, the basement ceiling is thin luan plywood with a silver skin over styrofoam. Other units had exposed aluminum "joists." A larger, coarse threaded screw works well in the luan and into the foam for light loads. If you have a bedroom closet mounted washer/dryer, there is likely a black felt covered "box" just inside the DS basement door that covers the water lines and drain for it. Don't drill into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPaulikonis

I have the same rig and I just installed PVC pipe that was cut into rings to support my fishing rods. I put my setup just inside the road-side of the coach and had no problems. I did use the plastic anchors to add some additional grip.

Pictures can be added easily. Take a look when you hit reply to thread. Top menu bar has all the different icons for text, you'll see the emoticon smiley, then the two globes for working hyperlinks. The one just next to the globe with the red "X" is the image icon. Click and it will ask you for a file location to add an image.

JanAndBill

We have the thin meta overl foam core in ours. Screws won't hold. Solved the problem by using aluminum square tubing and brackets to attach to the front and rear plywood bulkheads, giving me a solid place to screw into where needed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the same rig and I just installed PVC pipe that was cut into rings to support my fishing rods. I put my setup just inside the road-side of the coach and had no problems. I did use the plastic anchors to add some additional grip.

Pictures can be added easily. Take a look when you hit reply to thread. Top menu bar has all the different icons for text, you'll see the emoticon smiley, then the two globes for working hyperlinks. The one just next to the globe with the red "X" is the image icon. Click and it will ask you for a file location to add an image.

I was lazy and just used PVC pipe unions. Before that I was using hooks and spring clamps. The unions are much better (or cut pipe sections) than the clamps and I've yet to have anything fall off the ceiling mounts.