37 Ultimate rear kitchen remodel

JeromyS

Our rear kitchen in our 2013 37 Ultimate kept getting water inside somehow and eventually it ruined the cabinet wood and slider material. Well I finally decided it was time to remodel that kitchen as we do use it quite a bit while we're out.

Anyhow I found out where the water was coming in from (need a picture and will grab it later). Basically the door hinge catches water and is not sealed on top and will move that water right inside past the door seal. Some clear silicone solved that problem. Silicone on the bottom screws as well as it was clear water is pooling there as well. I live in the pacific north west and it can rain quite a bit, and quite a bit sideways as well so if water can get in, it will find a way.

The wish list:
  • Larger sink
  • Larger slide out shelf for cooking on
  • A little more counter space
  • Insulation between the back wall and the bunks
  • More accessible storage space - We never used the microwave in almost 3 years

The materials list:
  • Lots of cedar tongue and groove
  • Stainless steel kitchen sink
  • Marble
  • Walnut butchers block
  • LED lighting
  • 36" drawer slides rated to 250 lbs

I'll do a bit more of a detailed write up. This took me about 3 weekends to complete.

The result:
WP_20150503_19_38_52_Pro.jpg

The sink + marble:
WP_20150503_19_39_47_Pro.jpg

A view of the side wall where I built shelves to store things in mason jars:
WP_20150503_19_40_04_Pro.jpg

The butchers block top and slide out:
WP_20150503_19_39_08_Pro.jpg

The top shelves and paper towel holder:
WP_20150503_19_40_30_Pro.jpg

It was a fun project with lots of trial and error, but in the end it turned out really well I think. Now I'm being asked to remodel the inside... Too funny.

I totally forgot to get some before and real good during pictures as well. I was in go go go mode.

Anyhow Love the coach! Looking forward to getting it out this year.

Attachments

• WP_20150503_19_41_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150503_19_41_20_Pro.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 111
  • WP_20150503_19_40_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150503_19_40_45_Pro.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 106

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very nice remodel and glad you found the cause of the water infiltration. Thanks for including the pics. Have a great summer.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Well....the only thing I can add is the "Rottie" seems happy so you must have done a fantastic job!
Looks really super, you should be very proud of your work! Great job

wrgrs50s

I was never that impressed with outdoor kitchens, but wow, that is awesome !!! It looks cool and functional !