2 cracks in my side next to slide outs

Swagems

Hello everyone I have a 2014 5th wheel Road Warrior with two cracks in the side.
one in the upper left hand corner of the main slide and one in the left lower bed room slide
any ideas what can cause this. The trailer had about 2500 miles on it never off road

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 159

jimtoo

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call and the pictures ready to send. They might be able to refer you to someone in your area for repairs or deeper inspection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

Swagems

Yes i did contact them as of apr 7 2015 , Im just trying to get some advise or see if any one have had any issue the trailer is not even a year old yet

jimtoo

Have not heard of any problems like that on any of the newer units.

Are you taking it in to get repaired or has a decision been made?

Garypowell

I have noticed a hairline crack in my 2013 on the off door side by the upper left corner where the kitchen/couch slide is.

Not as as pronounced as your....more hairline.

So so I too am watching to see what can be done about this by others with experience.

Mine me has been around for 6 months and has not grown any but I know eventually it has to be fixed.

TxCowboy

Just a guess from the pictures but it may be the slideout is out of adjustment, top to bottom, which is why it cracked on that side. There might even have a bit of a twist in the slideout, since the cracks are relegated to just the left side of that slide.

Again, just a guess from the pictures.

caissiel

I am having a front frame flex for the past few years. Now it got worst and the whole drive side shows cracks and delamitation and kinks.
It all started with a small crack by the bedroom slide.
But my unit is 6 years old. The previous SOB unit was 15 years old before showing any signs and it was a bad manufacture mistake.

JeromyS

I had this exact same thing happen on my 2013 Elkridge 37 Ultimate last June after a long road trip. Turns out to be caused mostly by frame flex. Mine was flex behind the axels and it cracked both corners on one of the slides. Heartland repaired mine better than new. They sent it to lippert who reinforced the frame.

Here is a post to the thread I made on the issue last year in case you were interested: https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...13-37-ultimate?p=381662&highlight=#post381662