highpoint failure

dasmoeturhead

Our convection oven section of the highpoint micro/oven doesn't heat up now. Where can I get this repaired at? 5 months old.

danemayer

Hi dasmoeturhead,

You can always contact your dealer. Or you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

jimtoo

Call Heartland Customer Service and they can tell you of any dealers or service people close to where you are.

Jim M

dasmoeturhead

Thanks for the info. We have tropical storm Ana over us right now, and we're hunkering down. I'll give them a call Monday.

Thx

Roller4tan

The microwave portion on ours didn't work from day 1. Heartland swapped it out for a new one, same brand. I had to take it to the dealer for the swap. If this one goes I'll buy a better unit.

brianlajoie

Our microwave kept coming on by itself for a 2 minute cycle. Only opening the door stopped it. After the 2nd time, we unplugged it. Called Heartland service and they sent a new one to my RV tech where I had a couple of minor warranty problems fixed. Heartland wanted the microwave back. Very easy and painless process. 100% satisified.

dasmoeturhead

Well Heartland is not going to send me one until it gets diagnosed . I spent 2 hours on line and on the phone trying to find a heartland dealership in the Ohio area that we are heading towards. The HL Rep I called was on the west coast. He had a difficult time finding a dealer but when he did it was the second one I had found. It was a frustrating 2 hours of phone calls. Got it worked out finally
Now just have to get there, and wait for part's. Full-timing isn't easy in these situations.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just out of curiosity, did you try calling the Highpoint number? Seems with other brands that had problems, that was the better route to follow, especially for some long distance troubleshooting help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
HL used to put a big sticker in the rigs listing the phone numbers for all of the appliances and subsystem components. HL may install them, but they aren't necessarily providing the actual warranty on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dasmoeturhead

There is a sticker, but not a number for highpointe. I've made a appt for a diagnosis and maybe some other warranty work, and the step recall at Jeff Couch Rv Nation in Hamilton, Oh. I hope there a decent service center.

dasmoeturhead

I called Heartland today, and explained the situation out here, and the problem I'm having with finding a place to stay, and also how long this process is holding us up, and how much it's costing us just to have a cheap microwave replaced. I was about to go out and buy one myself. It seemed like it was going to be way easier. When I realized I just spent $1700.00 on a new love seat recliner set, to replace the two cheap broken recliners that came with this coach, I figured I'd spent enough of my money. There sending out a new microwave as soon as they can. I'm very happy with the outcome.

That's some pretty good service if you ask me.