recliners falling apart

dasmoeturhead

20150508_181115.jpg both recliners have fallen apart. All 4 of these pieces have come off. I glued the 1st three back on. I've had it with cheap stuff in a expensive 5th wheel. Now I have duct tape on our furniture. The carpet is torn up where the staples that hold these travel pieces have been rubbing on the carpet. Where do I get this repaired under warranty? To top it off, or highpoint oven, the convection side decided.it didn't want to work anymore today. What a day.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your first stop for warranty work should be your dealer.
Have you contacted them?

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Yes, like Dave said, contact your dealer and work with them to make your repairs.

Remember when talking to the service people... you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. :) I know sometimes it's hard,, but believe me,, it works much better.

Keep us updated

Jim M

Moved to Landmark area also.

jimtoo

I'll try monday. I doubt they will be much help when they find out I'm 2,000 miles from them.

When you talk to them (Heartland) ask if they have an independent service listed that has done work for them in your area. Heartland does have independents that do warranty work also. If they do not, you might look around and if you have someone you trust, they may authorize them to do the repairs. But prior authorization is required.

Jim M

JanAndBill

Those look very similar to the two recliners in our BH, both of which have seen a lot of use and held up well for us. I guess it goes to show that every manufacturer of a product has a bad one slip through. We had a problem with the overlay carpet edge on a slide coming undone, rather than allow it to become an issue, a needle, thread, seam tape, and 30 mins of work later it was fixed. I looked at it as, it was less time to fix then pull the trailer to the dealer. As others have said, please contact your dealer, or if that isn't possible, then Heartland direct. Maybe they will authorize you to go to a dealer closer to you.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X3 on an independant service center. Call HL and ask if they have one they use where you are. Frustrationg yes...did HL make these componets??...no.