PDA

View Full Version : 2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Please use this thread to discuss the 2016 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Please vote in the poll to. Vote for as many items that interest you. Nothing is binding. Just trying to feel folks out a bit.

Also, please consider posting a reply to this thread sharing with me and others what you'd like to do "at the rally - at the venue".

My thought is that we'll do less on-site as part of the rally and provide more free time for attendees to take in Vegas on their terms.

I'd also like to get a sense of how many would come for the Pre-Rally and how many of the 4 Pre-Rally days you'd attend.

Registration will not open for this rally until late March, 2016. Please, DO NOT contact the venue with any questions at this time.

Thanks for your feedback.

Trailer Trash
05-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Jim,
We plan on being there including the pre/post rally.

Art and Teresa

kakampers
05-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Whoo Hoo! Finally!! We will be there for sure...and we will finally be completely retired....pre-rally, rally, post-rally and whatever else we can find...HERE WE COME!!

BigJim45
05-08-2015, 06:36 PM
This is something we are planning to attend. I believe this is going to be in Oct 2016 and have block off the hole month just to go to this.

I would attend all pre-rally days. Can hardly wait for this to happen.

Thanks Jim Beletti for making this happen for us here on the West side.

pegmikef
05-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Count us in for the whole deal!

MTPockets
05-08-2015, 06:43 PM
We'll be there.... 125 sites, enough? Will there be other RV park suggestions if this one fills?

cookie
05-08-2015, 06:49 PM
We're in! For all of it.

Peace
Dave

Doublegranch
05-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Wow...how exciting....Count on a number of us from the Arizona Chapter.....
I don't think 125 sites are going to be enough.....

BigJim45
05-08-2015, 06:56 PM
​Count us in for all days.

Doublegranch
05-08-2015, 06:58 PM
This will be an exciting Rally....I don't think 125 sites are enough, so will book early...
We will have a large number attending from the Arizona Chapter...

MTPockets
05-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Wondering if an alternate RV resort is in order for Heartlanders who don't get in here? And, if so, will the host site have room for the others to park and attend Host site activities? Or, will it just be limited to the 125 rigs?

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 07:21 PM
We're in! For all of it.

Peace
Dave

I was talking with Floyd today and the last thing he told me was "tell Cookie he has to come to Vegas". I think you just made his day :)

Hippy
05-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Ok, did I miss something? RV park? We're interested on pre and the rally.

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Jim,
We plan on being there including the pre/post rally.

Art and Teresa

Awesome - been too long since I've seen you guys and since Kaley and Harley licked my entire head :)

Hippy
05-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Ok I found it. Yes we would attend the pre-rally and rally.

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Wondering if an alternate RV resort is in order for Heartlanders who don't get in here? And, if so, will the host site have room for the others to park and attend Host site activities? Or, will it just be limited to the 125 rigs?

Terry - the 125 rigs is a function of a few things:
1. The venue has maxed us at 125 as their snow birds start flocking in
2. The venue's banquet room and spillover onto a patio will be pretty cozy at 250+ people
3. These rallies are about 50% subsidized by Heartland RVs - and I have a budget to manage to

That all said, I absolutely understand where you're coming from. And perhaps something can be arranged. We'll just have to see how it shapes up.

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 07:26 PM

I wish I could do 200 at this location - but 400 people is not doable in their banquet room and we can only get 125 sites from them regardless.

aRAYwego
05-08-2015, 07:33 PM
We will be there for all of it but wont be taking up one of the 125 spots. That is our home park. Can we still partake in the activities? Also to help with one of your questions in original post, the park just added free wifi for guests and residents.

TandT
05-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Jim, this made our day! We're in for all of it. Trace

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 08:13 PM
We will be there for all of it but wont be taking up one of the 125 spots. That is our home park. Can we still partake in the activities? Also to help with one of your questions in original post, the park just added free wifi for guests and residents.

As this is where you live, yes, we can work this out. You will register for the Rally with No RV. That will save you a few dollars too.

aRAYwego
05-08-2015, 09:08 PM
As this is where you live, yes, we can work this out. You will register for the Rally with No RV. That will save you a few dollars too.

Excellent, count us in. We will look for sign up info next March...ish. The Suite Owners club just had a rally here a few weeks ago with a very good turn out. We were hoping a Heartland rally was in the works. On another note, Jim, if you need any assistance from someone with "boots on the ground", so to speak, let me know.

jbeletti
05-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Excellent, count us in. We will look for sign up info next March...ish. The Suite Owners club just had a rally here a few weeks ago with a very good turn out. We were hoping a Heartland rally was in the works. On another note, Jim, if you need any assistance from someone with "boots on the ground", so to speak, let me know.

Nancy and I plan to fly in sometime in November to do some rally pre-work. I plan to get together with Floyd and Carol and I'd like you two to join us for this effort. I'll be in touch after we make our plans. Thanks!

Grampafish
05-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Doris and I will be there for all the dates. Hopefully, we will get a bunch from Washington and Oregon to make the trip. Many of the members are still working but should have plenty of time to plan for it. Thanks for getting the details out so far in advance. Looking forward to seeing you and Nancy again in July.

jayc
05-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Sign us up for the whole rally. We've not been to Vegas and we'll be looking forward to it!

For20hunter
05-09-2015, 01:05 AM
Kelly and I hope to be there as well. Sounds like a great time!!!

klindgren
05-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Jim,

Carol and I have responded to the poll and are really looking forward to the Rally. We plan on attending the entire pre-rally/rally dates.

Keith

BigDaddy
05-09-2015, 06:59 AM
We plan to attend all days. Looking forward to it!

Lou_and_Bette
05-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Count Bette and Lou in for every day we can stay.

RoadJunkie
05-09-2015, 09:06 AM
https://www.baytechlabel.com/photos/7148_small.jpg

pegmikef
05-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Peggy and Mike are planning on being there for the whole thing.

BigJim45
05-09-2015, 11:02 AM
This rally is going to be a fight to the finish line when registration opens up.

Will sell out quick..............

aRAYwego
05-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Nancy and I plan to fly in sometime in November to do some rally pre-work. I plan to get together with Floyd and Carol and I'd like you two to join us for this effort. I'll be in touch after we make our plans. Thanks!

sounds like a plan Jim, just let us know when you will be here. You know when the Suites owners were here with roughly 65 spaces it really was impressive. Cant wait to see 125 Heartlands take over this place.

jbeletti
05-09-2015, 02:52 PM
sounds like a plan Jim, just let us know when you will be here. You know when the Suites owners were here with roughly 65 spaces it really was impressive. Cant wait to see 125 Heartlands take over this place.

Waiting for SW Airlines to open up booking for the dates we want - about 2 weeks, but looks like we'll arrive on Sunday, Nov 8 and leave Thursday. Staying at Southpoint.

Speaking of Suites, I spoke with their club president last week. Nice guy. He walked me through their event. It was helpful. See you in November!

jbeletti
05-09-2015, 02:54 PM
This rally is going to be a fight to the finish line when registration opens up.

Will sell out quick..............

Keep your fingers crossed - I just asked for another 75 sites! Told Tammy they don't need to be in the same area - just in the same camground :) Hoping to get a yes back from Oasis soon!

BigJim45
05-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Keep your fingers crossed - I just asked for another 75 sites! Told Tammy they don't need to be in the same area - just in the same camground :) Hoping to get a yes back from Oasis soon!

Jim we have our fingers crossed that you will be able to get these addional 75 sites.

merrie
05-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Peter and I will be there, have been waiting to have the rally in Vegas. My daughter is on the police force there, can't wait to go

simsfmly
05-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Nobody knows what the future will bring but Connie and I are planning on being there for the whole shebang.

osims
05-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Slot machines,endless buffets, and scantily clad showgirls. I'm there.

jimtoo
05-09-2015, 08:53 PM

And I'm sure you will be well chaperoned by your wonderful DW so you will not get into trouble. :)

We are going to plan on being there also.

Jim M

jbeletti
05-09-2015, 08:55 PM

Whoa - slow down birthday boy :)

Herbiesrig
05-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Count us in also.. What a nice birthday present for Dan.. I have been to Vegas, Dan has not.. pre and post rally.... Yahoo-o-o-o

WeRWilsons
05-10-2015, 12:35 AM
Hey Jim....you can count Linda and I in for the whole thing...looking forward to it.

Dan & Sally Sullivan
05-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Dan and Sally Sullivan will be there......

katkens-DW
05-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Kenny and I are thinking about it ! We got married there..

rfournelle
05-10-2015, 08:46 AM
It's a long way (~2500 miles one way), but we plan on being there. Christine wants to see the "Rock of Ages" show (Def Leppard's music) at the Venetian.

kkamshop
05-10-2015, 09:10 AM
We want to attend this one too - first time to Vegas for both of us! And it looks like we can also get the Albuquerque Balloon Festival checked off the bucket list as it is Oct 1-9 in 2016! So we would hit it first and then on to Vegas.

wino2
05-10-2015, 10:07 AM
We will be there. Looking forward to it!

RoadJunkie
05-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Christine wants to see the "Rock of Ages"

Christine, just how OLD do you do you think we all are? :confused: Should be a great time at a great time of the year in Vegas.

2psnapod1
05-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Count the 2ps in! Hoping that ZnK can make from Utah for this one too!

kakampers
05-10-2015, 01:30 PM
We want to attend this one too - first time to Vegas for both of us! And it looks like we can also get the Albuquerque Balloon Festival checked off the bucket list as it is Oct 1-9 in 2016! So we would hit it first and then on to Vegas.

Oh...we might join you guys...that's something we always wanted to do too!!

kkamshop
05-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Oh...we might join you guys...that's something we always wanted to do too!!

That would be great! The reservation window opens Oct 13th this year for next year, so anyone who is interested in the balloon fest should mark that date.
More info here
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/guest-guide/faqs

kakampers
05-10-2015, 05:16 PM
That would be great! The reservation window opens Oct 13th this year for next year, so anyone who is interested in the balloon fest should mark that date.
More info here
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/guest-guide/faqs

I notice the dates overlap...when do you plan on getting to the rally?

kkamshop
05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
I notice the dates overlap...when do you plan on getting to the rally?

Well, not sure but probably on Oct 3rd or 4th after spending 3 or 4 nights in the Albuquerque area.

kakampers
05-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Ok...that would work for us too! Don't want to miss too much of the pre-rally...;)

olcoon
05-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Sally & I will be there for the pre rally & rally. We'll have to talk about the activities, & vote later.

Hockster
05-10-2015, 07:30 PM
We have been waiting for this announcement since Jim mentioned it at the Urbanna Rally last year.
We are planning on coming to Vegas, count 2 more people and 1 dog.
Getting the 5ver hooked up now.
I can hear my wife screaming for joy when I tell her we're going to Vegas.
Jim, is this going to be the last Road Rally like you indicated in Urbanna, or has that thought changed?
Marlene and I thank you Jim for all of your efforts on everything you do for the Heartland Club.
We are very fortunate to have you in charge.
I don't mean to belittle anyone, because I know it takes many people to get these things done, so we also thank everyone involved in all these Rallies, you have all done a heck of a job.
God Bless You All.
On To Vegas.:cool:

Hockster

wdk450
05-10-2015, 09:25 PM
I made the trip to Gillette, Wyoming for my first Heartland National Rally to support Jim B. and the club in recognizing the members on the West Coast and trying to be fair to all in locating the even year national rallies.

I have stopped doing any paid campouts this year in order to just stay at Thousand Trails economically and pay down some repair bills. I was thinking I would probably have to do the same next year. But I will make an exception for the 2016 Heartland National Rally being the most far West it has ever been, and plan to attend. And anyways, I can stay another 3 weeks at the Thousand Trails in Las Vegas for next to nothing! In fact I could have a 3 week stay before the rally and another 3 week stay after the rally at Thousand Trails.

I'll have to get to work at all of the Thousand Trails I stay, at and use those Heartland Greeting business cards I printed up to recruit more West coast Heartland Owners for the 2016 Las Vegas rally.

At Thousand Trails Lake Minden

WeRWilsons
05-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Hey Jim....you can count Linda and I in for the whole thing...looking forward to it.

Just to clarify...we will attemd both the Pre- and Post Rally as well

gasman
05-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Edythe and I will be there for the whole thing.

LTZ
05-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Chuck & Donna Hale will be attending everything (before, during & after). So excited to be able to attend a national rally, we have heard so much about them & how nice they are!! Thanks for posting the dates early enough for those folks who work can plan ahead!

Rodbuster
05-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Fran and I plan on attending the North American Rally in Vegas.
It's great to have this much notice to plan a trip like this.

jbeletti
05-11-2015, 07:33 AM
...Jim, is this going to be the last Road Rally like you indicated in Urbanna, or has that thought changed?...

Gary - thank you for the kind words. With regard to the On-The-Road National Rallies during the even numbered years, yes, 2016 is the last "planned" one. My plan is to continue with the rally on odd numbered years in Goshen, as we've done from the beginning. Then, rather than do an even numbered year national rally, place more emphasis on the Regional Rallies. And by more emphasis, I mean, a bigger budget, larger, longer and more fun Region Rallies. That's the preent plan anyway. We'll use 2016 to start easing into the new model by testing the waters with a couple of region rallies that are already in the planning stages. Then hope to have it dialed in for bigger Region Rallies in 2018.

Flying Dutchman
05-11-2015, 08:49 AM
It will be part of our Western venture. Count us in!

Bob&Patty
05-11-2015, 10:14 AM
JB, count Pat and I in for the whole time. WOOHOO, I get to meet Dave and Mary (might be sorry) and I hope Kenny and Kat can make it.

TandT
05-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Jim,
Being from the west, I for one, hate to see this as the last "traveling" National Rally. Goshen is just too far for most in the west.

IMHO, the attraction for National Rallies vs. Regional Rallies is meeting and seeing folks from the other Regions who you don't see very often.

In the past, people just haven't traveled to most other Regional Rallies. Hence, it's mostly the same people every time, unlike the response you are getting here from folks all over the country. Trace

For20hunter
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM
LIKE and I second that!!

Rod

Being from the west, I for one, hate to see this as the last "traveling" National Rally. Goshen is just too far for most in the west.

IMHO, the attraction for National Rallies vs. Regional Rallies is meeting and seeing folks from other the Regions who you don't see very often.

In the past, people just haven't traveled to most other Regional Rallies. Hence, it's mostly the same people every time. Trace

mountainlovers76
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Jim,

IMHO, the attraction for National Rallies vs. Regional Rallies is meeting and seeing folks from the other Regions who you don't see very often.

In the past, people just haven't traveled to most other Regional Rallies. Hence, it's mostly the same people every time, unlike the response you are getting here from folks all over the country. Trace

I agree. Would hate to see the National Rallies away from Goshen on the even years disappear.

BigJim45
05-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Jim,

I 2nd also what Trace has said. I will never travel to Goshen for a rally there.
Just WAY to far for traveling.

Thenomads
05-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Count on us being there for the Rally and pre-rally. We have been WAITING for a West Coast National. I hope there is enough sites for as many people that are interested. Looking forward to this! WooHoo!

MCTalley
05-11-2015, 03:36 PM
One Las Vegas attraction that rarely gets attention, but is very fun and educational, is the Neon Museum (http://www.neonmuseum.org/). We stopped by Las Vegas earlier this year on our way east specifically to see it as we heard about it shortly after leaving Las Vegas the last time we were there. Definitely worth a visit whether it is part of your rally experience, or if you just happen to be in the area. They have an evening tour that is supposed to be pretty cool (they have a few refurbished signs while the rest are lit from floodlights that you can see in these pictures). We just went for a standard daytime tour.

http://www.photographybymalcolm.com/Travel/2015-Travel/Neon-Museum-NV/i-vb4b46k/0/M/IMG_6348-M.jpg

http://www.photographybymalcolm.com/Travel/2015-Travel/Neon-Museum-NV/i-TQbcGsH/0/M/IMG_6326-M.jpg

http://www.photographybymalcolm.com/Travel/2015-Travel/Neon-Museum-NV/i-9qv2S4H/0/M/IMG_6354-M.jpg

For you camera buffs with DSLR cameras, they request that you only bring one camera body and one lens (wide angle suggested - I was using a 24-105mm) and that pictures are for personal use only (displaying them in this fashion on a forum is considered personal use since I'm not trying to make money off them).

Gaffer
05-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Don't forget the mob museum. We will be there for all of the previous rally, rally and post rally.

jbeletti
05-11-2015, 08:06 PM
One Las Vegas attraction that rarely gets attention, but is very fun and educational, is the Neon Museum (http://www.neonmuseum.org/). We stopped by Las Vegas earlier this year on our way east specifically to see it as we heard about it shortly after leaving Las Vegas the last time we were there. Definitely worth a visit whether it is part of your rally experience, or if you just happen to be in the area. They have an evening tour that is supposed to be pretty cool (they have a few refurbished signs while the rest are lit from floodlights that you can see in these pictures). We just went for a standard daytime tour.

For you camera buffs with DSLR cameras, they request that you only bring one camera body and one lens (wide angle suggested - I was using a 24-105mm) and that pictures are for personal use only (displaying them in this fashion on a forum is considered personal use since I'm not trying to make money off them).

Awesome pics Malcolm. I already have this place on my list to go to this November. May consider a night time visit - thanks for that tip.

jbeletti
05-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't forget the mob museum.

We visited this the year it opened. We liked it.

Paul & Nan
05-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Paul and I will plan on being there.

petruca
05-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Christine, just how OLD do you do you think we all are? :confused: Should be a great time at a great time of the year in Vegas.

Oops, I goofed…. The song "Rock of Ages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_of_Ages_%28song%29)" by Def Leppard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Leppard) is not in the musical because Universal Music Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Music_Group) did not grant licenses for the song. However, the original recording is often played after curtain call.

ROCK OF AGES is melting faces 7 days a week at the Venetian in Las Vegas and features 28 epic 80s anthems. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, ROCK OF AGES tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. ROCK OF AGES takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair!

"We Built This City" by Starship
"Nothing But a Good Time" by Poison
"Keep On Lovin' You" by REO Speedwagon
"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
"Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx
"Renegade" by Styx
"Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry
"Waiting For a Girl Like You" by Foreigner
"Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benatar
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"Heaven" by Warrant
"The Search is Over" by Survivor
"High Enough" by **** Yankees
"The Final Countdown" by Europe
"I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"To Be With You" by Mr. Big
"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison
"Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon
"Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
"Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot
"Any Way You Want It" by Journey
"Heat of the Moment" by Asia
"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
"More Than Words" by Extreme

You are “never too old/young” to enjoy songs like these! Christine

jbeletti
05-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Oops, I goofed…. The song "Rock of Ages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_of_Ages_%28song%29)" by Def Leppard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Leppard) is not in the musical because Universal Music Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Music_Group) did not grant licenses for the song. However, the original recording is often played after curtain call.

ROCK OF AGES is melting faces 7 days a week at the Venetian in Las Vegas and features 28 epic 80s anthems. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, ROCK OF AGES tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. ROCK OF AGES takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair!

"We Built This City" by Starship
"Nothing But a Good Time" by Poison
"Keep On Lovin' You" by REO Speedwagon
"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
"Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx
"Renegade" by Styx
"Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry
"Waiting For a Girl Like You" by Foreigner
"Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benatar
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"Heaven" by Warrant
"The Search is Over" by Survivor
"High Enough" by **** Yankees
"The Final Countdown" by Europe
"I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"To Be With You" by Mr. Big
"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison
"Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon
"Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
"Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot
"Any Way You Want It" by Journey
"Heat of the Moment" by Asia
"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
"More Than Words" by Extreme

You are “never too old/young” to enjoy songs like these! Christine

Got to add this to my November trip!

shelsay
05-12-2015, 12:25 PM
We are planning on making this our first national rally--all days. Haven't been to Vegas since 1991. Glad this is scheduled for a "cooler" month.

Dave and Pat

TravelTiger
05-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Well, we'd love to attend! Problem is, October is when Texas High Schools have their Band's Marching Contests. So there is no way Tony can take off. :(

Will be with you in spirit.

When we went to Vegas in 2010, we enjoyed our stay at Circus Circus KOA, walking distance to the Strip. Just were there a bad time of year (June), it was 112 degrees, so I totally understand why it's in October!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navyAZ1
05-13-2015, 08:39 AM
The Parrish's are planning on being there, then we'll hang around out west and spend our first winter in AZ!

Mrsfish
05-13-2015, 06:06 PM
The Parrish's are planning on being there, then we'll hang around out west and spend our first winter in AZ!

on behalf of the Arizona chapter, I hope you are considering our winter 2017 rally at lake havisu. (Home of the London Bridge) It will be incredible and an area of Arizona you shouldn't miss. The rally is filling fast so check it out. We'd love to have you.

TandT
05-15-2015, 10:59 AM
The Neon Museum looks like fun, as we have never ever been there.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember seeing most of these signs when they were still up and functioning. :eek: Trace

Bob&Patty
05-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Yep, I remember them also....but Trace is older than Vegas.

Trailer Trash
05-15-2015, 03:39 PM
The Neon Museum looks like fun, as we have never ever been there.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember seeing most of these signs when they were still up and functioning. :eek: Trace

Trace, Don't feel bad, I remember them too.

Art

cookie
05-15-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't know how you guys remember all that stuff, I don't remember yesterday!

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

DougLynne
05-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Lynne and I plan to attend, probably have to find an RV storage to leave our unit, come home for a while then plan our first snowbird trip for the rest of the winter. Would likely take in both the pre and post Rally times. Doug

Big Al and Donna
05-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Looking forward to it Will get there early

LBallard
05-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Debbie and I plan to be there. Looking forward to the trip.

simsfmly
05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Any clue whether or not this resort has a shuttle to the strip?

BigJim45
05-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Any clue whether or not this resort has a shuttle to the strip?
Call this number and ask the park

Toll Free: 1-800-566-4707 (tel:1-800-566-4707).

simsfmly
05-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Call this number and ask the park

Toll Free: 1-800-566-4707 (tel:1-800-566-4707).

I would if not for the first post that said "Please, DO NOT contact the venue with any questions at this time."

aRAYwego
06-03-2015, 11:24 AM
They do not have a shuttle. Most use a taxi for trans to strip locations.

TandT
06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
There is a parking structure behind the mall at Planet Hollywood. (kitty-corner across the strip from Ceasar's) We usually park there and walk to many of the destinations along the strip. Trace

codycarver
06-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Nobody knows what the future will bring but Connie and I are planning on being there for the whole shebang.

Same goes for Amy, Tucker, and me.

Rodbuster
06-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Same goes for Amy, Tucker, and me.

WooHoo....Get to see Amy and Tucker again.

For20hunter
06-04-2015, 12:22 PM
And we get to see Dick and Fran again!!! Woo Hoo!!

Rod

Bob&Patty
06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Just keep Tucker away from chile dogs!!!!

codycarver
06-04-2015, 08:59 PM

I will do my best to get them there safely Dick :rolleyes:

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
06-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Jim save a spot for us

StarryNight
06-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Don and I plan on coming to see what a National is all about:cool: starting with the pre-rally!

mikeyy53
06-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Jim,

Linda & I are planning on going

nander
06-07-2015, 06:13 PM
We are coming!

TomSt
06-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Thinking about it??? 3800 miles one way, stopping in Montana to see friends. But then again our first National was in Wyoming. Time will tell

travelin2
06-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Definitely thinking about it. Sister lives there. Time will tell.

Currently in Fairbanks AK.

sbhoward
06-16-2015, 11:59 PM
We'll be there! Looking forward to it. Couldn't make the 2015, so will not miss this one.
Pre-rally, rally, and post Rally.

Steve & Mary Howard ( New Members & Owners)
2015 Big Country

larkinstuart
06-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Jim,
Larry and Liz will be there. Can't wait to leave my money in Las Vegas!!

simsfmly
06-18-2015, 06:44 PM
We are coming!

Golf in the desert, baby!

JohnD
06-18-2015, 08:06 PM
We are going to put this one on our calender as well . . .

Hope there are enough sites for everyone!

rbspitz
06-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Randy and Brenda will be there.

RoadJunkie
06-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Viva, Las Vegas...Viva, Las Vegas...VIVA, VIVA, VIVA, Las Veggggasssss! Uh, thank you...thank you, very much... Sounds like fun!

SD08ER
06-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Scott & Roxan will be there for the Pre to Post Rally and every thing in between.

klindgren
06-22-2015, 05:51 AM
Hope there are enough sites for everyone!

That's what scares me JohnD!! With the number of people saying they are going, it will definetly be a mad rush at the opening bell to see who can get in and who gets left out!

Gaffer
06-22-2015, 12:58 PM
PJ and Karol will be there. Hoping for a southbound convoy from Sparks.

xraisingrower
06-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Jack & Bev will be there for all phases. Happy to see the National Rally out west. Also looking forward to seeing you and Nancy again in Washington and Oregon this summer.

wdk450
06-24-2015, 08:53 AM
I hope the Rally team can come up with some deep discounts on a show. Paying $120 a seat is a bit much for me.

ncc1701e
06-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Fran and I plan on attending the North American Rally in Vegas.
It's great to have this much notice to plan a trip like this.

I will have to tell Millie that they are going to let you out of the state of Florida again. She may change her mind on this trip.

Tom

happykraut
06-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Judi and I will be there for all of it.

codycarver
06-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Judi and I will be there for all of it.

I'm so glad to hear that. You had me a little worried there Bernie. We'll see you next year.

Rodbuster
06-28-2015, 06:35 PM
I will have to tell Millie that they are going to let you out of the state of Florida again. She may change her mind on this trip.

Tom

Hi there Tom, missed you at the Goshen Rally..(Fran told me to say that).

Dick

JohnD
06-28-2015, 10:53 PM
It is looking like we'll need a much larger RV park with all of the responses thus far . . .

happykraut
06-28-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm so glad to hear that. You had me a little worried there Bernie. We'll see you next year.I was worried too. Much better now. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

DougLynne
07-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Just had our Alberta Chapter Rally and lots of interest. Several units planning to attend. Doug

GETnBYE
07-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Fly in option possibilities??

oldmannj
07-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Fly in option possibilities??
Much like getnbye I was curious about flying in for the rally. It would give us a great opportunity to meet left coast members though we're still not able to commit that much time to RV travel. Is this a possibility?? ED.

RoadJunkie
07-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Well, Vegas certainly has an airport. The South Point Hotel Casino is a good option as it is closest to the rally. It is on Las Vegas Blvd, but a few miles South of "The Strip".

oldmannj
07-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Well, Vegas certainly has an airport. The South Point Hotel Casino is a good option as it is closest to the rally. It is on Las Vegas Blvd, but a few miles South of "The Strip".
My query was more in line with rally attendance than logistics. Not sure if it's ok to do a rally without an RV present.

GETnBYE
07-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I was wondering if the resort being used for other rally things might give a rally rate or something. I had not seen a specific resort named as yet, but I may have missed something.

kakampers
07-02-2015, 08:59 PM
It's at the Oasis RV Resort...

TandT
07-03-2015, 12:09 AM
I was wondering if the resort being used for other rally things might give a rally rate or something. I had not seen a specific resort named as yet, but I may have missed something.

Wayne and Anita,
Although the Rally itself is in the planning stages for the Oasis RV Park, I think South Point Casino was the venue being discussed for possible off-site activities. http://www.southpointcasino.com/ Trace

Bob&Patty
07-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Love the South Point buffet and the casino is not packed with people.

Trailer Trash
07-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Jim,
Will you have the parts trailer there as in Gilette, if not will you have a few techs there to repair/adjust a few things, or at least to point us in the right direction to fix something ?

Thanks Art

jbeletti
07-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Jim,
Will you have the parts trailer there as in Gilette, if not will you have a few techs there to repair/adjust a few things, or at least to point us in the right direction to fix something ?

Thanks Art

Art - sorry, we will not.

jbeletti
07-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Hi gang - cool to see all the discussion about Vegas! Sorry for little interaction from my end as I'm out of the country right now (vacation - see attched pics).

Much still in the air on Vegas. Nancy and I fly there in November. Our goal will be to nail down firmer plans for the rally and related activities.

Some knowns:

Oasis will not let us have more than 125 rigs for the rally
Oasis banquet room has a capacity of around 250 - this means we can't effectively have 200 rigs around the Vegas area and have any all-attendee activities in Oasis naquet room
South Point is on my hit list (again - tried a year ago) - hoping to arrange the use of meeting rooms, maybe dinner and a show

wdk450
07-04-2015, 03:56 PM
I would guess that we are locked into Oasis RV resort, but I don't understand why we are limited to 125 rigs for the rally (in October when many people are NOT vacationing) in a park that has 805 spaces (per RV Park Reviews). Do they have most of their spaces permanently leased? On the other hand, this year's Goshen Heartland National rally, held in the summer, did NOT sell out by about 70 spaces. So maybe 125 spaces might be enough for the demand.

Would it be possible to expand the dinner facilities by looking into using meeting rooms at some of the smaller, off-strip, casinos?

RoadJunkie
07-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Jim explained the reason for the limit on spaces in the second element of his narrative. I think we should let this event unfold, it's barely in the planning stage and it's over a year prior to the date.

Trailer Trash
07-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Jim,

X2 Art

MTPockets
07-05-2015, 01:12 PM
I sense there's a good deal of angst regarding the 125 sites, and I know Jim's doing the best he can. We've never been to a Nat'l Ralley and there may be others like us who really want to attend one in large part because it's Vegas. We've skipped the Goshen because, well, it's Goshen, in Indiana. Seems the allure to Vegas would be much greater for many, especially if they have never been there before; this is a perfect reason to attend, Vegas and Ralley in one shot. I just hope there aren't a bunch of us disappointed when we're turned away on reservation day.

JohnD
07-05-2015, 07:34 PM
I just hope there aren't a bunch of us disappointed when we're turned away on reservation day.

I think this is what will happen when the moment arrives and many of us may not be at our keyboards . . .

danemayer
07-05-2015, 08:02 PM
I looked back at the 2012 Gillette, WY rally registration file that I had saved. Looks like 135 rigs were registered. There are always some drops, so it wouldn't surprise me if only 125 showed up in 2012.

cookie
07-05-2015, 08:28 PM
I looked back at the 2012 Gillette, WY rally registration file that I had saved. Looks like 135 rigs were registered. There are always some drops, so it wouldn't surprise me if only 125 showed up in 2012.
By my count it was 124.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets
07-05-2015, 08:35 PM
I hope you're right, but I suspect Vegas does have an allure like no other location. Maybe an earlier opening date, like now, for those of us who are definite.

JohnD
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM
I hope you're right, but I suspect Vegas does have an allure like no other location. Maybe an earlier opening date, like now, for those of us who are definite.

I'm with 'ya on that!

So far . . . judging by the responses to this thread, there are not going to be enough spaces!

porthole
07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Lots of people getting all worked up and it is 15 months away yet.

Some of us have to plan next years vacation time off in November - gets even better when you plan on 4 weeks or so at the end of the camping season, and may not even be able to book it.
4 weeks about wasted (instead of in season).

There may not even be 125 sites, the rally team needs guaranteed accommodations - or else there is no rally team.
As much as a western national would be nice, may just have to think about something else.

cookie
07-06-2015, 01:08 PM
So far . . . judging by the responses to this thread, there are not going to be enough spaces!
There have only been 106 responses to the poll.
There are 141 posts in this thread, but many are multiples by the same member.
At this point I think we will be fine.

Peace
Dave

Flapper
07-06-2015, 02:07 PM
We plan on attending ..... add our names....don't think you have enough sites if you just have 125... Steve and Mary Wilson..Missouri

pegmikef
07-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Peace
Dave

Yeah Dave, I was just looking at the same thing, but since it is over a year away a lot of folks might be reluctant to commit yet (even informally) until they know what their future plans/schedule are.

Mrsfish
07-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah Dave, I was just looking at the same thing, but since it is over a year away a lot of folks might be reluctant to commit yet (even informally) until they know what their future plans/schedule are.

I know that only 4 Arizona chapter members have responded to this thread yet probably 15-20 are planning on going. And I remember a post not too far back where one of our Canadian friends stated that several people at their last rally were coming. I think this one is going to go fast. When you remove all of the people who get early sign up because of the role they play in the group (and I'm not griping...they earn this privlidge). There are maybe only 80 sites for the balance of the membership. This one's going to be tight. IMHO

kkamshop
07-06-2015, 04:36 PM
So far I counted about 60 posts who say they are attending... We are coming a long way so we will probably make the trip whether we get in or not as other reservations must be made. Been to enough National rallies that we only want to come for the fellowship anyway. :cool:

jbeletti
07-07-2015, 03:06 AM
I would guess that we are locked into Oasis RV resort, but I don't understand why we are limited to 125 rigs for the rally (in October when many people are NOT vacationing) in a park that has 805 spaces (per RV Park Reviews). Do they have most of their spaces permanently leased? On the other hand, this year's Goshen Heartland National rally, held in the summer, did NOT sell out by about 70 spaces. So maybe 125 spaces might be enough for the demand.

Would it be possible to expand the dinner facilities by looking into using meeting rooms at some of the smaller, off-strip, casinos?

Hi Bill - Oasis has their snowbirds coming back in October to claim their spots. This is why they are limiting us to 125 sites.

I'm not opposed to setting the rally up for say, 200 rigs - but 75 of them would have to find their own camping sites elsewhere. And then, still only 250 people could congregate in the rally hall (banquet room) due to the room capacity.

Efforts will be made to find an off-site location for meetings, meals etc. This is why I'm planning on taking another run at South Point in November. Wish me luck!

wdk450
07-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Hi Bill - Oasis has their snowbirds coming back in October to claim their spots. This is why they are limiting us to 125 sites.

I'm not opposed to setting the rally up for say, 200 rigs - but 75 of them would have to find their own camping sites elsewhere. And then, still only 250 people could congregate in the rally hall (banquet room) due to the room capacity.

Efforts will be made to find an off-site location for meetings, meals etc. This is why I'm planning on taking another run at South Point in November. Wish me luck!

Jim:
Although I could stay at the Thousand Trails in Las Vegas on my lifetime membership for $1.60 a night, I would much rather pay the extra money to have the fellowship of being near my fellow Heartland Owners. I guess I am under the impression that Las Vegas being the largest convention destination in the U.S., that every one of the many, many casinos in the area would have at least a banquet room available. I appreciate that you have taken on a Herculean task, and its pretty hard to satisfy everybody, and we can all live with whatever result occurs.

I want to take this chance to thank YOU, your WIFE, and STAFF for organizing and putting on these Heartland Owners events over your years of leadership of this group. And let us not forget the DEEP POCKETS commitment of the Heartland Corporation and its executives. THANK YOU ALL!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

jbeletti
07-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Bill, thank you for the kind words.

Though there are many casinos where I could rent a room, I have several factors to consider. A few being:

- outdoor surface parking lot *

* critical so that we don't have 100 pickups to park in a ramp or take down LV Blvd.

Hippy
07-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Hello Jim, I sent you an email (3 ago) and pm you ( 2 ago ).
verifing you got either or.

danemayer
07-07-2015, 10:11 AM

Hippy,

Jim's traveling in Europe and probably doesn't have quite as much time or internet access as usual. He's managed to make a few posts to the forum over the past week or so, but not much more. Also, I don't think his profile is set up to accept PMs - perhaps there was a msg to that effect when you tried to PM him.

Gaffer
07-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Add up all the posts that say they are for sure coming. Last I checked, it numbered in the 50's.

Peace
Dave

Hippy
07-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Ok. Didn't know he was on vacation. I was offering some help (Scouting, info etc ) in regards to the Vegas rally since I'll be staying at the Oasis July 9-15th.

TandT
07-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Hippy,
Nice offer, but the Nevada South Chapter Leader lives in Vegas and has had multiple Rallies at the Oasis. He is also an expert on most things Vegas. (Including buffets :)) Trace

jbeletti
07-07-2015, 11:59 AM

Got it. Thank you for your offer of assistance. I'm out of the country at this time - so email is spotty.

Bob&Patty
07-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Snow birds will take over the Oasis starting about September. The South Point has some pretty big banquet rooms. Maybe JB and Floyd (SS FILLBROOK) could check that out.

jbeletti
07-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Snow birds will take over the Oasis starting about September. The South Point has some pretty big banquet rooms. Maybe JB and Floyd (SS FILLBROOK) could check that out.

That we will Bob. We may have to try out the buffet too - to may sure it's worthy :)

Bob&Patty
07-08-2015, 06:10 PM
JB, the buffet at the South Point is to die for. Don't get Floyd started on the crab legs and ice cream..

dix36
07-27-2015, 09:17 PM
The HillsonWheels are planning to attend both pre rally and rally. We'll use the rally in Vegas as one of our stops in a cross country tour. Sure hope there are enough spaces!

olcoon
07-27-2015, 09:46 PM
It's possible that 125 sites will be enough. But what I'm thinking is that the left coast people that are still working, and would like to attend a national rally, but can't because of work/vacation, and the distance to Goshen will be jumping at the chance to be there. Vegas will be closer than Gillette was, so who knows?

sjandbj
07-28-2015, 11:48 AM
I can speak for Bonnie and myself that since we live in Vegas we are excited that this will be the 1st rally we can attend since we still work. I was bummed that we could not get to Goshen but for us that is too far at this time. Not sure how to schedule the travel to the park, 20 minutes could be hard to do in a single day. :)

Steve

TandT
07-28-2015, 12:03 PM
For anyone planning to attend the 2016 Las Vegas National Rally, please consider attending our Glendale Pre-Las Vegas Utah Chapter Rally. Very easy, scenic routes from I-15 and I-70.

After the Rally we will caravan to Las Vegas in under four hours and arrive for the first day of the Pre-Rally.

Eleven spots are currently remaining.

Follow this link (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52673-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-UT-Glendale-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134) for all the details. Please PM or email me, with any questions or suggestions. Thanks, Trace

dwpkdavis
08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
We are planning on coming.

Darren & Pam Davis
(& two dogs - Bailey & Sawyer)

Bones
08-02-2015, 08:06 PM
What happens in Vegas may or may not stay in Vegas

BigJim45
08-03-2015, 11:18 AM
What happens in Vegas may or may not stay in Vegas

Bones.....

I have nothing to hide. lol

TandT
08-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Bones,
Watch it though, Jim has been known to photograph activities. :) Trace

BigJim45
08-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Bones,
Watch it though, Jim has been known to photograph activities. :) Trace

:cool:Have camera.......will take photo

olcoon
08-05-2015, 12:15 AM
For anyone planning to attend the 2016 Las Vegas National Rally, please consider attending our Glendale Pre-Las Vegas Utah Chapter Rally. Very easy, scenic routes from I-15 and I-70.

After the Rally we will caravan to Las Vegas in under four hours and arrive for the first day of the Pre-Rally.

Eleven spots are currently remaining.

Follow this link (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52673-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-UT-Glendale-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134) for all the details. Please PM or email me, with any questions or suggestions. Thanks, Trace

Trace, that sounds interesting! We will have to wait until closer to the date to make plans though.

TandT
08-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Roy,
That would be great if you guys can make it. Trace

WRIGHT ll
08-05-2015, 07:06 AM
We will be there for all days and our friends (new Big country owners) are wanting to attend also. Enjoyed Goshen and looking forward to a fun time in Vegas, Orville and Barbara

Bones
08-05-2015, 07:31 PM
:cool:Have camera.......will take photo

He's got to catch me first. :cool: 2500 miles is a very long trip

shovelguy
08-08-2015, 09:55 AM
We are hoping to attend with our Heartland Owner's Club member friends from New Jersey.

dakotafarmer
08-11-2015, 04:04 PM
I know exactly where that campground is and it is very easy to access from I15 and right off Las Vegas Boulevard. About 3 or 4 miles south of Mandalay Bay. We are new to the Forum and plan on doing some travelling now that we are semi-retired. When you farm I don't think you ever are really totally retired!

jimtoo
08-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Hi dakotafarmer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Join us at a rally when you can and you will meet a lot of these great Heartlanders and eat some really good food.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

wdk450
08-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Jim:
How about seeing if Acacia RV (MorRyde Independent Suspension California installer) is interested in having a presence at the 2016 Heartland National Rally?

jbeletti
08-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Jim:
How about seeing if Acacia RV (MorRyde Independent Suspension California installer) is interested in having a presence at the 2016 Heartland National Rally?

I spoke to Gary Wheeler at MORryde a week ago and asked him if he'd want to come out. He said YES! Of course, depends on availability. Unsure what we'll be doing for seminars and such. I want to leave a LOT of time open for attendees to do their own thing in Las Vegas. I may be considering doing 2 to 3 seminars in the mornings only on 2 days.

dakotafarmer
08-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello to you! Thank you for the warm welcome. We are certainly hoping to get a little further south for the coldest part of the winter so we will have to see if we make it or not! We looking forward to meeting people and sharing information.

dtvista
08-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Jim

Kathy and I will attend all Days Oct 2-10 Pre-Rally, Rally, and Post Rally Sunday.

Dave ad Kathy Timpone

lemmelhouse
08-30-2015, 08:32 PM
My wife Sylvaine & I are new Heartland members and are looking forward to attending the national rally in Las Vegas. Hope to maybe join Trace in Utah on before and caravan down to Vegas.

TandT
08-31-2015, 12:13 AM
My wife Sylvaine & I are new Heartland members and are looking forward to attending the national rally in Las Vegas. Hope to maybe join Trace in Utah on before and caravan down to Vegas.
Stan and Sylvaine,
Welcome! I didn't know you guys were now Heartland Owners.
Did you get tired of Uncle Bob bending your ear about it?
Really hope you can come up up beautiful Utah and then on to the Vegas Rally in Sept 2016.
See you at Pechanga. Trace

Bob&Patty
08-31-2015, 10:41 AM
Trace, after 70 years Carl (Stan) finally listened to me. I have not seen their (new to them) Sundance but they seem to like it. They/he seems hot to trot to start using it. I think that he used some money that was still on the "gold" standard. Probably from the coffee can he had buried in the back yard.

OEFVET
08-31-2015, 11:58 AM
I just received an email that asked me to answer questions about attending the 2016 Las Vegas Rally. The link does not allow me access.

Hockster
08-31-2015, 12:07 PM
I also tried to respond to the sent email from Julie and told I do not have permission to use that link.
What now?
Help!
Hockster

BLHFUN
08-31-2015, 12:07 PM
Is this Rally similar to the Goshen Rally this year? After reading everything, we were sorry we missed it. If so, we are in!

ctuna0203
08-31-2015, 12:19 PM
Yes we are planning on being there for both pre rally and rally

MTPockets
08-31-2015, 12:23 PM
I just received an email that asked me to answer questions about attending the 2016 Las Vegas Rally. The link does not allow me access.
Ditto

TandT
08-31-2015, 12:28 PM
I just sent Julie an email regarding the glitch. I can't access the link either. Trace

TandT
08-31-2015, 12:50 PM
Okay, Julie just informed me the link to the survey is now working. I was just able to complete it. Trace

larkinstuart
08-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Link is not working, only ask Name and how many people attending.

TandT
08-31-2015, 12:56 PM

Liz,
I believe that is all they want to know. Trace

Hippy
08-31-2015, 01:12 PM
My link was all a blurry. Would you please send it again.

neilandnanci
08-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Jim, We are planning to attend.

pday1213
08-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Link is working fine and was able to complete it successfully.

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 02:43 PM
My link was all a blurry. Would you please send it again.

Hippy - here's the link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44).

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 03:08 PM
Jim, We are planning to attend.

Please take the survey to capture your intentions - here's the link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44). Thanks.

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 03:09 PM

Link works now. Had a glitch the first 5 minutes, then got it fixed. Please take the survey to capture your intentions - here's the link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44). Thanks.

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 03:09 PM
Yes we are planning on being there for both pre rally and rally

Please take the survey to capture your intentions - here's the link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44). Thanks.

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 03:10 PM
I also tried to respond to the sent email from Julie and told I do not have permission to use that link.
What now?
Help!
Hockster

Link works now. Please take the survey to capture your intentions - here's the link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44). Thanks.

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 03:13 PM
Is this Rally similar to the Goshen Rally this year? After reading everything, we were sorry we missed it. If so, we are in!

Bart and Lory - it will be a lot different than when the rally is held in Goshen. Major differences are:
- No service team
- Only a couple of seminars
- Probably no Marketplace (vendor hall)
- Entertainment and Meals "may be" off-site
- No factory tour

G-town
08-31-2015, 03:19 PM
Just to clarify. Will there be any vendors at the Rally? Will there be any representation from Heartland? Will there be a technician to ask questions to?
Thanks

Bob&Patty
08-31-2015, 06:22 PM
I don't think there will be anyone working on coaches like they do in Elkhart...but maybe some of the reps and production managers will be there.

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 08:59 PM
As of 31-Aug-2015 at 10:00 PM EST:

Rally Units:

RVs:

HOTELS:

jbeletti
08-31-2015, 09:01 PM
Just to clarify. Will there be any vendors at the Rally? Will there be any representation from Heartland? Will there be a technician to ask questions to?
Thanks

Bob summed it up right. There will "likely" be some brand reps there. I will be there as well.

Probably only a couple of vendors.

No technicians planned to be there as we don't do that outside of Goshen (except once in Gillette, WY).

Hippy
08-31-2015, 09:18 PM
Jim, thanks for the link. It worked.

BLHFUN
08-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Bart and Lory - it will be a lot different than when the rally is held in Goshen. Major differences are:
- No service team
- Only a couple of seminars
- Probably no Marketplace (vendor hall)
- Entertainment and Meals "may be" off-site
- No factory tour

Ok. Thank you! 100plus Heartland owners in Vegas..... Sound fun! :) Looks like the next Goshen rally is in order though.

Thank Jim!

wdk450
09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Bob summed it up right. There will "likely" be some brand reps there. I will be there as well.

Probably only a couple of vendors.

No technicians planned to be there as we don't do that outside of Goshen (except once in Gillette, WY).

I would send out invites to Mac The Fire Guy and Henderson's Line Up as vendors. Maybe RV Dish Network and Direct TV vendors. Since Thousand Trails has a resort in Las Vegas, I wonder if they would be interested in a booth? I think there are a number of RV Resort timeshares or buy your space type places in both Las Vegas and the nearby Colorado River strip (Las Vegas to Blythe) that might be interested in a booth.

Bob&Patty
09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Bill thats a good idea...but remember there are no building at Oasis for them to set up in like a RV show. Oasis might not allow it.

MTPockets
09-01-2015, 11:45 AM
RV scales/weighing service? We had this service when we began full timing at our very first rally in Williston, FL and found it to be helpful... Also is what caused us to get DRW. I for one would do it to see where we stand almost four years later.

klindgren
09-02-2015, 07:24 AM
RV scales/weighing service? We had this service when we began full timing at our very first rally in Williston, FL and found it to be helpful... Also is what caused us to get DRW. I for one would do it to see where we stand almost four years later.

I concur MT. I'd love to get my new rig weighed now that I've kind of got things settled in. The company that did the weighing in Goshen would be perfect if you could get them to come Jim, and had a place where they could set up.

jassson007
09-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Shane and Jaime with RVSEF are heartland owners and HOC members as far as I know. They were in Urbanna. I would think they would come if Jim asked them and their schedule permitted it. Who knows.

Bob&Patty
09-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Keith, find a CAT scale at a truck stop and use it. Cost $10 and you can go back as many times as you want on the $10 the same day. The scales are segmated so you can weigh all the axles at the same time and get the weights on each axle. IE..steering, drive, and trailer axles. Fill up with fuel before you weigh it. You could un-hook the trailer and just weigh both axles on the TV 1st....then hook up and weigh the whole mess...then subtract the loaded weight from the empty weight of the drive axle...volia...the pin weight.

jassson007
09-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Wheel by wheel is a ton better than just driving across the cat scales.

klindgren
09-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Keith, find a CAT scale at a truck stop and use it. Cost $10 and you can go back as many times as you want on the $10 the same day. The scales are segmated so you can weigh all the axles at the same time and get the weights on each axle. IE..steering, drive, and trailer axles. Fill up with fuel before you weigh it. You could un-hook the trailer and just weigh both axles on the TV 1st....then hook up and weigh the whole mess...then subtract the loaded weight from the empty weight of the drive axle...volia...the pin weight.

Thanks Bob. I thought about doing just that, but I really like the way they did my old rig in Goshen 2 years ago. I'd like to see if they will come to the Rally. Heck, the way my wife goes through trailers, I may have a different on by the time we get to Las Vegas.:):) (sure hope she's not reading my posts):o:rolleyes:

jbeletti
09-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Shane and Jaime with RVSEF are heartland owners and HOC members as far as I know. They were in Urbanna. I would think they would come if Jim asked them and their schedule permitted it. Who knows.

Their boss might know :) Seriously though, I sent Walter Cannon (RVSEF) an email last week to see if we can get Shane and Jamie or another crew. I've also corresponded with Oasis to see if they have a usable space for weighing. We shall see.

jbeletti
09-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Okay - we're 7 days into the survey and so far - 149 rally units have said YES - we "plan" to be there.

If you have not responded to the survey and you PLAN to come to the Vegas rally - please vote in the survey now. Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44).

Thanks all!

As of 6-Sep-2015 at 8:00 PM CST:

Rally Units:
RVs:
HOTELS:

Bones
09-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Okay - we're 7 days into the survey and so far - 149 rally units have said YES - we "plan" to be there.

If you have not responded to the survey and you PLAN to come to the Vegas rally - please vote in the survey now. Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=44).

Thanks all!

As of 6-Sep-2015 at 8:00 PM CST:

Rally Units:
RVs:
HOTELS:

Although I think this trip would be awesome, I am sad to say we won't be going with school schedules and the distance to vegas from the east coast.

dundee49
09-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Arlene and I will be there for all the days. Looks like we may have about 5 others from Alberta joining us

RoadJunkie
09-22-2015, 02:25 PM
the distance to vegas from the east coast.

We, in the West, know how you feel every time the BIG national rally was held at Elkhart.

wdk450
10-06-2015, 02:32 PM
ONE YEAR UNTIL THE 2016 Heartland National Rally in Las Vegas. NEWSFLASH - Las Vegas had RECORD rainfall yesterday, .82 inch causing some flooding in the area.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/10/05/down-pouring-rain-brings-widespread-flooding-to-las-vegas/

boatto5er
10-06-2015, 02:41 PM
.82 inches? We call that a misting. Some parts of S. Carolina had over 20 inches the past few days!

kkamshop
10-20-2015, 06:45 AM
For anyone who wants to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival the weekend before the rally, today is the day the RV reservations open. 8am Mountain time.

MTPockets
10-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Sept 21 - 25, 2016: The Fort Mcdowell, Arizona Rally awaits travellers heading West to Vegas. We would love to see a large contingent of Heartlanders in Arizona.

TandT
10-21-2015, 01:13 AM
The Glendale Utah Rally will be only 4 hours from The Las Vegas National Rally. We will caravan to the Oasis RV Park on the first day of the Pre-Rally, which begins on 10-2-2016

This will be a great way to start the festivities! UPDATE; Currently sold out. Working on nearby back-up park for those on the waiting list.

All the details are here;

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52673-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-UT-Glendale-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134 (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52673-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-UT-Glendale-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134)

Trace

macjj
11-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Please count Jayand Carol in. "Old Crankey" said I needed to post here to insure a spot somewhere. Already responded to the survey, and initial inquiry. Now waiting till March, but it on our calendar

TandT
11-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Jay,
It was great meeting you and Carol at Pechanga.

Registration for the Las Vegas National Rally is "expected" to begin in March 2016.

Old Cranky will find out when Chapter Leaders are notified slightly ahead of the pack and can let you know what to expect.

I would go to thread tools and subscribe to this thread for any updates. Trace

Dan & Sally Sullivan
11-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Jim,
I'm seeing conflicting information about signing up for the LV rally. Someone posted that you need to sign in here, even though it's not official. So, to be safe, Dan and Sally Sullivan will be going to pre/post all rally days.
Will there be an Official sign up on the forum?
Sally

jimtoo
11-04-2015, 08:49 PM
The registration or signup for the 2016 North American Heartland Owners Rally is not open yet. This is a discussion thread only. When Jim B has finalized the arrangements and activities/programs for the rally he will open an event registration thread. Probably will be several months yet before it is open.

Jim M

jbeletti
11-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Sally - Jim is right, we're month away from registration. It will likely be around the end of February. All club members will be notified in advance as a reminder that we're getting near. And it will be spattered all over the forum, on Facebook etc. Region Directors and Chapter Leaders will get advance notice and they will also help get the word out.

I'm flying to Vegas this weekend and will be there for several days working on things for the rally.

JohnD
11-05-2015, 12:53 AM
We are thinking about withdrawing from this rally as there are way more people wanting to go than there are spaces available . . . and the chances of getting a spot is not looking good.

So we will probably just stick to the local and regional rallies instead.

jbeletti
11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
We are thinking about withdrawing from this rally as there are way more people wanting to go than there are spaces available . . . and the chances of getting a spot is not looking good.

So we will probably just stick to the local and regional rallies instead.

So far - about 165 people have responded to the poll indicating they "plan" to come to the rally with 1 of those 165 being in a hotel. Fitting 165 into 125 spaces is an issue. Fitting 330 people into a banquet room that holds 250 is a no-go.

Still working on a plan...

sjandbj
11-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Jim,
This will be the first rally that my wife and I can attend. We will be very disappointed if after planning for over a year now there is no room for us to attend. Do you think that the large outcome is due not only to the location but also that it is the last west coast rally? The fact that so many members want to attend a national west coast rally may send a message that there is a real need to have National rallies on the west coast as well as in Indiana. Those of us that are still working find it difficult to attend the rally back east. As Heartland continues to expand and grow its customer base this seems like a good use of manufactures time and money. I realize that it is a lot of work and expense to bring everything out west but if they want to continue to grow it seems that west coast owners deserve the same support and attention as those on the east coast.

Regards,
Steve

- - - Updated - - -

JohnD
11-05-2015, 11:00 AM
So far - about 165 people have responded to the poll indicating they "plan" to come to the rally with 1 of those 165 being in a hotel. Fitting 165 into 125 spaces is an issue. Fitting 330 people into a banquet room that holds 250 is a no-go.

Still working on a plan...

I'll bet I can find a spot in Colorado that can handle as many campers as we can muster without having any parking issues . . .

So far, this Las Vegas rally has turned many Heartland owners off as we all know that there is not enough space to allow many of us to attend.

wdk450
11-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I may drop out for the good of some other Heartlander, and the fact that the expenses would strain my SS budget. I MAY book a concurrent stay the Thousand Trails Las Vegas park, though.

Bob&Patty
11-05-2015, 11:10 AM
JohnD, as you know, many people may drop out as time moves on. So you getting a site may become possible.

danemayer
11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Until registration actually opens, all anyone can do is express their intent to attend or not attend. Putting your name on this or any other thread just helps Jim B. get an approximate headcount for planning purposes. Once registration opens, then we'll all get to play musical chairs.

jbeletti
11-05-2015, 01:45 PM
I appreciate everyone's feedback! That's what this discussion thread is for so keep your sentiments coming.

Las Vegas is a popular entertainment destination. There's also a fair amount to see and do within a 2 hour radius. Some of our members got married in Vegas years back. Some have not been back to Vegas in years and have wanted to go back. Some plan to use this rally as their justification to make that "trip out west". For these and many other reasons - this rally location is popular.

As with most rallies, there is a limit to the number of rigs a venue can host, a limit to the number of people a room can hold, a limit to the number of trucks a parking lot can hold and on and on. So too - there has to be a limit on the number of rally units we setup for this rally.

In the end, will there be more who wanted to come but could not make it due to the event being sold out - I'm sure it will happen.

No matter what is done for this rally, we will not be able to meet everyone's needs. Nice way of saying some will not be happy, some will really be mad, some will write me nasty emails, some will never come to another rally etc. It's simply the human nature. We all react differently.

I will be trying VERY HARD to find a meeting room that can:
- Host 330 to 400 people
- Has surface parking for up to 200 large trucks

I will be trying VERY HARD to find additional campgrounds that:
- Would be interested in blocking x number of sites for us so more people can attend the rally, wherever the meeting room is

sjandbj
11-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanks Jim. I know it is easy for us, me included, to complain but I do want you to know that I appreciate all you are doing and have done to make this group what it is. Thanks again.

Regards,
Steve

JohnD
11-05-2015, 05:18 PM
We are also keeping a 'minds open' approach to this rally.

Although I will say, if I have to do one of those 'Amazon Last Second' deals . . . I won't do it!

I'll let youz guyz fight it out if that is the case . . .

OEFVET
11-05-2015, 05:20 PM
JohnD you talk like us here in the NE. "Youz guys"

Sent by OEFVET

JohnD
11-05-2015, 05:25 PM
JohnD you talk like us here in the NE. "Youz guys"

I guess I'm a 'wize guy'! :cool:

Although my wife callz me a smart ***** . . . :p

MTPockets
11-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I guess I'm a 'wize guy'! :cool:

Although my wife callz me a smart ***** . . . :p
Only your wife? LOL. (Not me John).

JohnD
11-06-2015, 02:43 AM
Only your wife? LOL. (Not me John).

Actually . . . she calls me a "dumb @$$" . . . :rolleyes:

But that is another story for another day . . . ;)

Possum51
11-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Pat and I want to throw our name out there as someone who will be attending the National Rally in Vegas! Hopefully, I will be able to navigate the registration process better than I did last year!

Grampafish
11-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Pat and I want to throw our name out there as someone who will be attending the National Rally in Vegas! Hopefully, I will be able to navigate the registration process better than I did last year!

Pat and Elaine, it will be good to see you guys again! Hope we all can make it.

For20hunter
11-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Pat and Elaine, Kelly and I can't wait to see you again!!

Rod

KARRON
11-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Count Rick & Karron in ,got new calendar from work and will only have to take one maybe two days off.

Glamis4my4100
11-07-2015, 04:26 PM
"Wheel by wheel is a ton better than just driving across the cat scales". WHY.... Confused on the scale thing, so you weigh your rig and its over so you run out and buy a new 70,000 dollar truck, or sell your trailer and buy a smaller one. Most people overload there tow vehicle anyways. Its not like your going to slide your fifth wheel or your tandem's to make adjustments. If your scared run across the Cat Scales and call it a day. Do they charge for this wheel by wheel weight thing$

OEFVET
11-07-2015, 06:08 PM
What do cat scales have to do with the Las Vegas rally?

Sent by NY Horse Holder

kakampers
11-07-2015, 06:39 PM
"Wheel by wheel is a ton better than just driving across the cat scales". WHY.... Confused on the scale thing, so you weigh your rig and its over so you run out and buy a new 70,000 dollar truck, or sell your trailer and buy a smaller one. Most people overload there tow vehicle anyways. Its not like your going to slide your fifth wheel or your tandem's to make adjustments. If your scared run across the Cat Scales and call it a day. Do they charge for this wheel by wheel weight thing$

Yes...there is a charge for weighing service. Weighing each wheel allows you to know how the weight is distributed in the fifth wheel...giving you the ability to adjust how you've loaded, and yes, make adjustments if necessary.