2015 Heartland Rv Road Warrior 310RW Patio kits

RottsNScotts

Hi - I found this RW that does not currently have a patio kit. When I checked with the dealer, he said that while they could put on the cables to make the ramp horizontal, the side gates could not be applied because the ramp was "different".

Does that make any sense or is he mistaken and a patio kit CAN be put on by someone who is familiar with the 310RW and patio kits?

Thanks again, Janet

I promise, I will run out of questions eventually!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that I would make a call to Heartland on Monday and talk to the Road Warrior people. There you will get the correct answer.
Your dealer may be right, I don't know.
And, there might be some creative people here that have done what you are looking to do even though the powers said no.

Peace
Dave

RottsNScotts

Thanks! Will do so. It seems like a really good deal but not being able to put a patio kit on it seemed odd.

Janet

danemayer

I might be remembering incorrectly, but it seems like I've seen something about the rear door on patio models being different from the standard door - having additional reinforcement.

We have the patio option. If you have to load and unload utv's it is a pain to fold up and down. Plus we always sit outside on the side of the camper.

tronqui

We have the RW310 with the patio kit. The wife and I decided it was a mus have option. So, I did my research.

The answer I always got was it had to be ordered from the the factory during build because the door frame is built to handle the additional stress. Yes, you can support your tailgate with some sort of stands instead of cables, but if one of them falls or sinks, you run the risk of bending/breaking your tailgate.

We wanted the patio deck for our 2 puppies, and we do alot of dry camping in the Unita mountains and in Moab.

RottsNScotts

This is what I was looking into the patio kit for as well. Not so much your location but for the additional space having 2 large and 1 small pups to share space with.

Thanks!