Cyclone 3010 Mods

TX_Clay

Here are a couple of mods I have done for our Cyclone 3010. Really pretty simple ones.But I am amazed at how simple little changes make a world of difference.
The first was just adding a plug under the top kitchen cabinets. The only outlet was on the wall in front of the sink. This allowed us to place the coffee maker on the counter next to the stove.

The next was adding a cross bar to the doors. This solved 2 problems. Closing the door was difficult with the little handles that were originally designed for short windows in the top half of the door. When HL went to the full windows in the doors. They didn't adjust the handles and you about rip your fingernails off trying to close the door. Also resolves the issue of privacy at night. Now we hang a towel over the cross bar and (Unless your 7' tall) this blocks anyone walking up seeing inside. I mounted the bar directly to the window frame as I could not find any solid area in the door to screw them to. I had to grind the outside lip down on the frame at allow the handles to sit flush on the metal.

This weekend I added the Pingel chocks to the garage for our bikes. I was worried that the rubber mat might create a problem as I tighten the bolts. But everything seems to fit well. I did add a metal backing plate underneath along with silicon to seal out water and then a coat of rustolem spray paint to keep the metal from rusting.

During an earlier mod, I replaced the bathroom sink to allow my whole hands to be washed instead of my fingertips.

Now I am looking at that box that sits next to the toilet. Trying to figure out what its purpose is, other than sitting things on top of it. Top doesn't even lift up. At first, I thought it covered some piping up. But upon closer examination. 2 screws hold it to the wall. Guess I will see what I can come up with for this next.
What have others done with this?

Attachments

• IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 296
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 264

Miltp920

Nice Mods. We really like those door handles on our rig too. They should be standard. They don't cost much, easy to install. Everyone could use them.

TX_Clay

OK, I pulled the 2 screws holding the box next to the toilet. Seems that the is actually recessed into the wall. To remove it, looks like I will have to pull the toilet as it bumps up against it before it clears the wall. Not prepared to do that at this time. Anyone know what it is covering up? BE NICE TO KNOW BEFORE I RIP IT OUT. LOL.

im_1406

Please send link to your bathroom sink replacement. Look great! Novel idea to wash your entire hand vs just the finger tips :-/

TX_Clay

TX_Clay

To be honest, easiest thing I have done on the RV to date. Everything unscrews and fastens right back. No problems what so ever.

im_1406

attachment.php

You guys were correct. Literally less than 5 minute upgrade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 340

Hemi392

I'm new to the heartland rv brand, we just made a deal on a 3010 and the electrical outlet or lack of them was the first thing my wife noticed. Where did you run the electric from for the over the counter fix you described?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Hi Hemi392,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

TX_Clay

I'm new to the heartland rv brand, we just made a deal on a 3010 and the electrical outlet or lack of them was the first thing my wife noticed. Where did you run the electric from for the over the counter fix you described?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I actually plugged it into the outlet for the Microwave.
Once I made my hole for the box, I made a 1/2 inch hole at the very back right of the cabinet flooring, (where the cups sit) fished the electric cable through and up to the top and then a 1/2 hole through the wall between cabinet and Microwave cabinet. Then routed to the plug assembly there.

TX_Clay

Just be aware, Coffee pot running and turning on the microwave may blow the circuit breaker. Not that that has happened to me. LOL

We pulled ours out, and it appears to be the back end of the shelf for the dvd under the tv in the main area.

Last edited: