Xantrex Pro XM100 Error E05 Help

We are very new to the RV World we purchased our first the 2015 rw420 3 weeks ago. this model has the xantrex pro xm1000 power inverter. I was trying to figure out the ac system and how it works as we purchased it from texas online and could not get anyone to give us a walk around on how things worked. I flipped some breakers to figure out what ones controlled what ac unit. later I noticed on the inverter panel on the wall it was flashing red with the code E05 OL. when i looked in the owners manuel it says this is an overload shut down. it says to reduce or disconnect the load. but i really dont know what all runs on the inverter. Im sure mabe the fridge does but there is no way to reach the plug to unplug it. any ideas on what I can to do fix the error? we are running on shore power and dont really plan to run on batterie or generator at all. do we even need to have the inverter on?

danemayer

If you have a Residential Refrigerator (110V AC power only, no propane), the inverter output goes through a transfer switch to power the refrigerator when shore power is removed. If you're on shore power, there should be no load on the inverter and you should be able to turn it off without affecting the operation of the refrigerator. If your batteries are fully charged, after resetting the inverter, you might want to cut shore power off to test whether it will keep the refrigerator running on battery.

The block diagram and pictures in our Residential Refrigerator Guide may be helpful.

Brazos

In addition to what Dan said you might check on the side of the inverter for a reset button. There might have been something plugged into the inverter for power and it got tripped. The power passes through the inverter for shore power when your frig circuit is on and when shore power goes away you can choose to use the inverter for frig power. The pass through is an automatic thing when you are on shore power. The transfer switch Dan refers to is built into the inverter. If you are plugged into shore power and you push the inverter switch and turn it on, the shore power is still the power source for the frig, not the inverter and no harm is done. There are probably no other items on that circuit other than the frig.
Looking at the residential frig guide they show a auto transfer switch. If you do not have a factory generator prep option, you probably will not have that auto transfer switch in the front bay area with this new Xantrex 1000 watt inverter. If you had a built in generator you would need an auto transfer switch because you could possibly be plugged into shore power and fire up the generator at the same time. Not a good thing.

we have a build in gen. we have not filled it up or used it yet. I guess we should probably check it to make sure it works. this we have had the rv plugged into shore power for about 3 weeks full time now since it was delivered. today I was checking breakers to find out what ones controlled the ac units. and im sure i powered off the residential fridge and that is when this error e05 ol came on in the inverter board. the inverter has been on since we got the rv as i was unsure what it was. we purchased the rv from mhsrv in texas and had it shipped to us. we asked the dealer to please do a walk around video for us as we are new to the rv world and would love to know what everything is used for. there only responce was go look up a youtube video. this model has no walkaround videos and is pretty hard to find information on untill i found these forums. thank you for all the help so far. I will try the test dan suggested tomorrow and mabe call heartland and find out why this light on the inverter will not go off with sure power hooked up. I did find the little round reset button on the inverter and try to reset it. it did nothing about the error light. I even went as far as unplugging everything in all the outlets and powering off everthing to try to reset the light with no luck.