Weak to non-existent AM or FM reception with Jensen Audio Center

CKFX

New 2015 29P RKS TT, had very weak FM reception even on close stations, and NO AM reception, even on WJR 760 a 50,000 watt station, so went looking for cause. The Jensen users manual has no trouble shooting section to assist so it was time to remove unit from mounting to check for poor antenna connection or such. What I found is the flexible T shaped antenna tied together in a ball behind and below the Jensen unit. Unwrapped the tie, brought it up thru the Jensen's box opening and then thru the RCA feed hole in the entertainment cabinet and taped it to the cabinet wall behind the TV.

Immediate improvement in FM reception, good clarity, no raspy reception and many channels that were now recognized. The AM was working on both hi-power and lower output stations, but quit receiving when I reinstalled the TV and its connections. Another mystery for another day.

Suggestions on what went away for the AM reception are gladly sought.

Having fun personalizing a new TT.

Fx

I had the same problem in our Sundance XLT 293re. Removed the stereo and the antenna was rolled up with a rubber band around . We stretched it all out and ran it through the hole where all the wires go into the cupboard. not really a good place to run up behind the tv as there isn't a hole at the counter level. If there is anyone from Heartland who sees this post I would love to hear from you where the antenna is suppose to go. Thanks in advance

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had the same problem in our Sundance XLT 293re. Removed the stereo and the antenna was rolled up with a rubber band around . We stretched it all out and ran it through the hole where all the wires go into the cupboard. not really a good place to run up behind the tv as there isn't a hole at the counter level. If there is anyone from Heartland who sees this post I would love to hear from you where the antenna is suppose to go. Thanks in advance

This is not a new issue and I have just started a topic about the abundance of people who have asked about this problem!

Hopefully we'll get some answers . . .