Check your GFI Plug

navyAZ1

Here recently we have had a problem with our GFI tripping and killing the circuit that a lot of stuff is on. Well Friday I reset it since we are getting ready to pull out on a two week run and had my wife turn on the fridge I could hear the GFI plug sizziling for a few seconds and then it tripped again. So, I disconnected the power and took the GFI plug out and looked it over YIKES it was slightly melted on the hot lead. I had a friend come over and look at it who is an electrician he found that one of the neutral wires had been just stuck in place and the screw that holds it in place had not been tightened down and the wire was totally loose in there. He replaced the GFI and ensured all wires were tight we have had the power on for 2 days now and no problems. He said it was all due to that neutral wire not being tightened in place and that it just took a while for this problem to materialize. So, I would suggest ya'll take a look at all the wires in the receptecles and make sure they are tight and installed properly. My friend went around and checked all of ours and said the GFI appeared to be the only one with a problem.:confused: