Wind Whistling through the windows...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I purchased my 2008 Bighorn 3400RE on Jan. 31, 2008.
In the last few days we have been in heavy wind and rain in the Dallas area. I have noticed that during the winds I have a great deal of wind whistling through the windows.

In the frame of each window is one or two slots. Bedroom Slide has 1 slot and in the living room slide and kitchen the larger windows they have two slots. Using some duct tape I have found that if I place a small piece of the tape over the slots the whistling stops.

To add to this, the living room and bed room slides both have wet carpet around the ends of the slides. I don't know if this was from the slots in the windows (windows in the end of each slide). I have an appointment with my dealer to find out where the water came in to get the carpet wet.

I would like to know if the slots in the window frame should have a cover or something inserted to keep rain and wind from entering through the frames.

Thank you for your time
Bob Curry

Two Hands

I had a similar problem with my port side crank out dining room window. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it just did not close in a snug manner. I push on it from outside and it properly seated itself and the wind whistles were gone.

Forrest Fetherolf

Bob,
The slots are window condensation drains, can be covered in windy weather, but should be open during rainy or high humidity weather.

Most likely the wet carpet is caused by the slide seals not sealing properly, reverse pitch on the slide roof, or RV not parked level when slides are out.

Forrest