Splendide all in one machine **LINT AND HAIR ON CLOTHES **

lpnlady

Love the splendide machine. .but all of our dark clothes come out with residule lint and dog hair (We live with an English bulldog).
My question is. .should I be cleaning a hidden vent somewhere? Or using some kind of lint trapper?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not sure if it's the problem, but there is a lint trap of sorts at the bottom of the machine. You have to remove the lower trim cover to access it. If i recall correctly, it's more for the water pump than the drying function. Don't have my manual handy to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

When you are drying clothes you should hear the water running every so often......out of the rig right now but it seems like every 15 minutes or so.

My my understanding is this water is washing out the lint filter. If you don't hear this call Splendide and they can work with you on the problem.

They have really excellent customer service.

Oh, we have used ours for 2 years with no lint problems.....so something is wrong with your unit or how you are using it.

hriker

There is an official procedure that Westland Sales (the warranty/service company for Splendide) recommends to clean the washer/dry combo unit.

· Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. Note: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.
· Now move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.
· Complete this three times the first time you do this. Then complete process one time only once per month. You should now notice improved drying performance.

This is the process word for word from Westland Sales. I do this monthly on my combo unit. If you look in your unit between each of the 3 clean cycle you will find lint and other stuff in the unit. I would recommend wiping out the unit between each clean cycle. You will be amazed how much stuff this get out of you machine. And your machine will dry better after the clean process is completed.

Good luck and I hope this helps you out.

lpnlady

There is an official procedure that Westland Sales (the warranty/service company for Splendide) recommends to clean the washer/dry combo unit.

· Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. Note: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.
· Now move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.
· Complete this three times the first time you do this. Then complete process one time only once per month. You should now notice improved drying performance.

This is the process word for word from Westland Sales. I do this monthly on my combo unit. If you look in your unit between each of the 3 clean cycle you will find lint and other stuff in the unit. I would recommend wiping out the unit between each clean cycle. You will be amazed how much stuff this get out of you machine. And your machine will dry better after the clean process in completed.

Good luck and I hope this helps you out.
Thanks gonna try

hriker

One complete cleaning cycle takes about 2 hours. So your initial cleaning will take about 6 hours. But after that it takes about 2 hour per month to keep the unit cleaned out.

porthole

Retired
Love the splendide machine. .but all of our dark clothes come out with residule lint and dog hair (We live with an English bulldog).
My question is. .should I be cleaning a hidden vent somewhere? Or using some kind of lint trapper?

Internal or external venting?

Ours is external and we never had a problem with lint.

Westwind

We had the same problem and called Westland and they emailed us the same proceedure. My wife has now started to do it monthly (When we are snowbirding) and she does it after our last load and we know the W/D is not going to be used for a while. Like all RV Applances they are not like the home models we are used to and require different maintenance.

hrntfxr

We have an external vent and my wife runs the clean cycle every month also, no lint problem, but man does that washer/dryer wrinkle every piece of clothing we put in it, and bad.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have an external vent and my wife runs the clean cycle every month also, no lint problem, but man does that washer/dryer wrinkle every piece of clothing we put in it, and bad.

Our Pinnacle is a combo washer/dryer and there are no int issues or wrinkling. The Pinnacle is externally vented (although it can be used without the vent) and in the drying cycle is sprays a little water to help keep the wrikles down. Works great.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Try loading less clothes in it, seems to help. I also read a secret, using those tennis ball sized wool balls put in at the drying cycle seems to help. I plan to try it, just been too busy with the holidays to get some. Amazon has lots of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My T-shirts and undies do come out wrinkled, but by tightly folding the shirts, they are neat when I need them. As for the undies, who cares? Have not had a hair/lint problem in 7 summers of using the machine. You might want to check the exhaust hose for blockage or crimping. The shorter, more direct the run, the more efficient it will be.