Harbor Freight tail lights

Bob Vaughn

I want to replace the 4 tail lights on my 2011 Big Country 3250 TS with the LED tail lights from Harbor Freight. Is there any thing I need to know about making the change out??

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob,
I got these a few years ago and they are excellent. No problems whatsoever and a third the price of truck-stop tail lights. The are plug-and-play. Just pop out the rubber ring, plug your new lights into the ring and pop it back in. 15 minute job. Trace

Last edited:

SilverRhino

This is just my opinion based on my own experiences....... I have had nothing but trouble with HF lights. They just do not last very long before individual LEDs start failing.

I have been using LED lights on my own vehicles and on many that I have worked on for others from Hitch2Trailer.com Andy Scott has this shop in Springfield, MO and sells on eBay as well as through his store. The majority of his lights have lifetime warranties and I have never had any problems with them. I have installed them on Pickups, RVs and over the road rigs and trailers.

If you go on eBay, he sells under aascott01 . Just recently purchased some great LED work lights for the back of my FL from Andy, and my trailer has all LEDs that came from him. Give his site a look, he has a lot of great products......Some you did not even know that you needed!

Again, these are just my opinions based on my own experiences.....Good luck!

GOTTOYS

I've had Harbor Freight tail lights in my Big Country for 2-3 years. No problems at all in about 12,000 miles or so....Don

SilverRhino

Glad that you guys have had good luck with the HF lights....... Totally opposite to my experiences. I have purchased three sets from two different stores and had lights start to fail within 90 days. Quit trying after the third set and decided to just stay away from them. Glad that others did not have to go through this.

Bob Vaughn

I got mine switched out this morning. One of the holes in the fiberglass was a little small and i could not get the light to fit in it so out came the rasp and took off some of the rough fiberglass and it popped right in.......

Just bought two 4" LED lights for my Big Country from Princess Auto, the Canadian equivalent of Harbor Freight. Like others have said, plug and play. 24 bubs and they are BRIGHT. Installation could not be easier.