Insurance claim setteled - I am satisified for the first time ever.

firstone

Progressive came out right away and looked the rig over. They paid me what I had it insured for on the spot and that is all I can ask. I still lost a few thousand from what I paid for it, but only a few.

It is a good thing we were not upside down in a loan.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 141

DocFather

What happened? I vaguely remember this pic? Why was it underinsured? Curious. Or was the difference deductibles?

firstone

Straight line wind / F-0 tornado. Flipped trailer over daughters college transportation.

Progressive, said their market research found a few trailers a little cheaper and a few a little more than what I insured for, so they paid me what I had the value listed at.

GETnBYE

Glad its almost over for you. I am sure it has been an ordeal. From past experience I can tell you that if you are going to have damage and a claim you do not want it to be near totaled and then the insurance tell you it's fixable. Tons of time and aggravation to follow and it is NEVER the same.

olcoon

I realize it's after the fact, & too late to get anything done, but for the future. I was hit on my Harley a few years ago, and the insurance company totaled it. What they were wanting to pay me was far below the value (real value, & what I thought it was worth) I kept fighting with them, several months worth, and they said what they wanted to pay me was not the KBB value, but what similar bikes were selling for in the area. If I could prove to them of a similar bike listed/sold in my area for the amount I thought it was worth they'd pay that. After a long internet search, I found what I was looking for. End result was, they paid me more than what I'd paid for it!

firstone

I realize it's after the fact, & too late to get anything done, but for the future. I was hit on my Harley a few years ago, and the insurance company totaled it. What they were wanting to pay me was far below the value (real value, & what I thought it was worth) I kept fighting with them, several months worth, and they said what they wanted to pay me was not the KBB value, but what similar bikes were selling for in the area. If I could prove to them of a similar bike listed/sold in my area for the amount I thought it was worth they'd pay that. After a long internet search, I found what I was looking for. End result was, they paid me more than what I'd paid for it!

Thanks Roy/Sally

The policy I had was an agree policy of sorts. I said what it was worth on paper and they paid provided it booked a hat. I also had prices and listings in hand for he adjusted.

Rrloren

I could not believe what Progessive did for me. Had a minor crash last Sept. Within 48 hrs of calling them the adjuster was in my yard and gave an estimate and sent me a check 3 days later, turns out my dealer was able to fix it under deductible and I had funds left over . Never ,ever had that happen before. That was service beyond expectations!

donr827

I had Progressive for 8 years. They can be a little higher on the premium but the one claim I had with them was quickly paid for the full amount of the repair.
Don

tomsws6

I always wondered how that works... We just bought ours and my brotherinlaw said to insure it for replacement value. So we insure it for 110k I believe. Does that mean next week if , God forbid, it flips over in a storm that they pay the 110K??

MCTalley

I always wondered how that works... We just bought ours and my brotherinlaw said to insure it for replacement value. So we insure it for 110k I believe. Does that mean next week if , God forbid, it flips over in a storm that they pay the 110K??

We have replacement value coverage on our unit. Generally speaking, it means they should give you enough to buy a new unit of equivalent value to the one you are insuring. Ours will buy a new unit up to three or five years from the date of purchase, then I believe it reverts to a "what it is valued at now".

danemayer

If it's a replacement cost policy, they'll pay for what it costs to replace it - not list price - not necessarily the amount you insure for. If a replacement 2015 with the same options can be purchased for $80,000, that's what they'll give you.

Geico policies with Replacement Cost Endorsement will pay the cost of a new unit for the first few model years. So if your unit were totaled in 2 years, they'd pay for you to buy a comparable 2018 model. After the 4th year, they would pay your actual purchase price on the 2015, or actual cash value (depreciated), whichever is higher. After 7 years, it's going to be actual cash value. In their language, "auto" is defined as "RV" in the RV part of the policy.

If you pay a premium for Total Loss Replacement Cost Coverage for your covered auto, the limit of Liability for a total
loss, subject to the applicable deductible, is as follows:
1. When your covered auto is, at the time of loss, the current model year, or first through fourth preceding model
year will be:
(a) If you choose to replace your covered auto, we will pay the cost of a new vehicle that is, to the extent possible,
the same make, class, size, and type, and which contains comparable equipment to your covered auto; or
(b) If you choose not to replace your covered auto, we will pay the original documented purchase price.
2. When your covered auto is, at the time of loss, in the fifth through seventh preceding model year we will pay the
higher of the actual cash value, at the time of loss, or the original documented purchase price you paid for your
covered auto. If at the time of loss you do not provide proof of the documented purchase price, our limit of liability
will be the actual cash value of your covered auto reduced by its salvage value if you or the owner retain the
salvage.

wdk450

I had Progressive for 8 years. They can be a little higher on the premium but the one claim I had with them was quickly paid for the full amount of the repair.
Don

I scraped a cyclone fence post at my storage yard with my door area pulling out on a scheduled 3 month trip. The guys at the yard (it is also a towing yard) pitched in to get my stairs pulled somewhat back into shape (with their forklift and a chain), and pounded on my door hinges enough to get the door where I could close it. I went on my 3 month trip, and when I got back into Sacramento THEN I filed a claim with Progressive. No hassle from them, they worked with my repairer (RV Dr. George) and I got the repair done quickly and to my satisfaction. They paid out $3000. I paid my $1000 deductable. My rate did go up around $100 a year.

I called them in last October for my I beam twisting in the suspension area, just out of desperation as there was no accident to relate this damage to. The adjuster came out 100 miles from the Napa area (where he was swamped with house claims due to the recent earthquake), was very sympathetic, told me this kind of damage "happens more often than you think", but couldn't authorize payment due to the language of the policy. I hold no bad feelings toward them about this non-payment.

So, I am pretty happy about Progressive for my trailer. This year I tried them for my truck insurance, but they didn't come close to what I am now paying another company. Too bad.