alta bound anyone

irvin56

I'm out of calgary and wondering who else is in any heartland units and where are you camping at?
we use drumheller and letbridge mostly. As we belong to Holiday trails resort parks

geeksrus

We are fulltimers & lot owners at Coyote Creek Golf & RV Resort in Sundre. This is our warmer weather destination & during the winter we snowbird. We are in Vidalia LA heading for New Orleans this morning. We plan to be back in Sundre by mid-April.

EH!

jackg

We like to book into McLean Creek (they have power), in Kananaskis...just past Bragg Creek. Remember, you can reserve ahead starting April 1st, so get on the phone first thing. You can cancell your reservation for no charge with 24 hours notice. I like Mclean because the road is paved and I'm one of those guys you see riding up and down highway 22X on a bicycle.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We've gone up to Canyon Creek Golf and RV Park just NE of Rocky Mountain House. They have full hookups and a great little 9 hole course, all of which are reasonbly priced..../Doug

Last edited:

irvin56

nice sites through out

I've camped around sundre areas for years and like the area, lots of nice sites. We camped dry and made our own camp sites. lots of pull off areas and out of site.
Also worked and camped around rocky mountain house and nordegg.
LOTS of campgrounds along the trunk road and hunting areas.
I was banned from the bar in nordegg. I was having to much fun for the 40 people who hang out there. I guess I was not a trapper and their lonely bush life did not like it (this was 22 years ago). I was with a bunch of rig hands, 20 of us. They sure liked our money though.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We are in Pincher Creek, have a 3055rl and like to camp almost anywhere. Our favorite being Fairmont hotsprings. Since there are a few of us checking out the Alberta Chapter site, maybe we should try and get together. It is always fun meeting others who have a Heartland rv.
Bev

beardedone

Beardedone
We are members at Wilderness Village at Rocky Mountain House, near Crimson Lake. There are about 6 or 7 other Heartland products there also. Really enjoy winter camping out there.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Alberta get together?

Maybe we should get together first in the chat room and talk about where/when would be a good time to have our first campout. Fall is upon us and it is a bit late to plan for something now, maybe we could start planning for a late April get together. Just a thought. Have to get the DH on board with it all. But that shouldn't be too much trouble. He always tells me, to go ahead and plan, he is just along for the ride. LOL. We are often in Calgary since our daughter and hubby live there, so going that direction isn't a problem if some of us could get together just for coffee if nothing else. So all those who are interested in an Alberta Chapter raise their hands. :)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Come on out to the BC Chapter Rally in June and have a chat with us. Check out the link under Rallys

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We are thinking seriously of coming to the BC rally, only catch right now is we have 2 grand babies on the way, 1 due in Apr. the other in May and not sure how much Grandma and Papa will be needed. We could/should consider an Alberta club, could discuss with Albertans at the BC rally.

I have a route planned to avoid the Salmo/Creston hill.../Doug

geeksrus

We plan to attend the BC Rally... I've already contacted sailorand about this. DougLynne: this might be a good time to discuss an Alberta Rally if enough Albertans are there.

Eh

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We haven't been on the Heartland site for awhile so had forgotten about the ralley in BC. Now that we are almost home for awhile I will try and convince my hubby that to attend the BC rally would not only be fun but would be a great way to connect with other BH owners from Alberta/BC. Right now we are in the Brae Island RV park in Ft. Langley BC. a great place if you've never been here.

Rigmover06

Alberta Chapter

Did the Alberta Chapter ever get off the ground? I would be interested in something like this.
Dan

geeksrus

Nothing has happened yet, as far as I know.

There had been some chat about discussing the setup of an Alberta Chapter at the BC rally. Regrettably we were the only Alberta attendees.

Eh!

We are camping in the Red Deer area we are leaving for montana Next week after AC/DC concert we are loading up the Bikes and we are off to the hi-way-to-the-sun
For 10 days will back full timing it soon in a couple of years.
( Cyclone 3850 Bobby & Debbie).

ann1951

In about 3 weeks we go to Elkhart in Indiana to pick up our 2008 3055RL Big Horn.
When there is a Alberta Chapter we like to become members to.