PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Beer Tasting

MCTalley
05-15-2015, 08:23 PM
This is a continuation of a discussion on Facebook. Several of us started talking about bringing a regional beer for others to try at the rally and grew into us (the Talleys) offering to host an evening beer tasting event at our site. So, here's an official invite:

Where: North American Heartland Owners Club Rally
Site: Northwest 448
Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2015 (the free evening during the rally)
Time: 6:30 PM

Bring at least a four-pack or better of a beer regionally brewed (craft beers preferred, but regular commercial beers are OK, too) in an area that you are from (now or originally). If you want, you can just bring a regional beer from somewhere you are traveling through on the way. Also bring a chair to sit in.

Snacks are optional. Also, if anyone normally carries a cooler with them (or at least will have one with them at the rally) and you can bring it to ice down some beers, that would be good, too. We'll provide tasting cups and the ice to keep the beer cold. For those that don't drink beer, feel free to bring the beverage of your choice.

Any other ideas you might have, be sure to post on the thread.

Extra bonus: We'll have a couple bottles of Bourbon Cream and some Root Beer to mix with it. Some of you are familiar with this tasty concoction from the Urbanna Rally.

Update 5/18: We have one person bringing a cooler and we just bought one today, as well. Probably will be sufficient, plus we can use our kitchen sink if needed. Feel free to bring one more cooler if you have one. We'll stop by somewhere local on Thursday afternoon and buy a few bags of ice.

jbeletti
05-15-2015, 08:25 PM
I'll do my best to stop by :)

superduty08
05-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Sounds good. I wish that the new Memphis Brewery Company was up and running.

Kbvols
05-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Did someone say Beer Tasting? I am in! Lol... Great Idea! Not sure what I will bring yet but it will be from the Indiana, Michigan and Ohio areas. Look forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007
05-15-2015, 10:51 PM
I am in and will have couple of selections of Abita Beer from Abita Springs Ia. I will also bring some Louisiana distilled rum to sample as well. Ask Jim to taste from his bottle of select since I am protecting mine. Lol. I will also have my yeti cooler that can ice down about 18 long necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWILSON
05-16-2015, 07:35 AM
Count us in! No problem finding suitable local libations

TravelTiger
05-16-2015, 05:25 PM
We will probably attend with some Texas microbrews.

'Lil Guy'
05-17-2015, 01:29 AM
What an absolutely great idea and way to get people together at a rally and what a great way to get to know everybody. I wasn't sure if you could drink at a Heartland rally. I'm attending another this year and will check with their guidelines to see if alcohol is permitted. What size tasting cups are you going to use. I would suggest a minimum of 12 ounces. Anything smaller could be used for some Fireball. Sorry we'e going to miss this event.
Later and have a great day.

VKTalley
05-17-2015, 05:50 AM
What an absolutely great idea and way to get people together at a rally and what a great way to get to know everybody. I wasn't sure if you could drink at a Heartland rally. I'm attending another this year and will check with their guidelines to see if alcohol is permitted. What size tasting cups are you going to use. I would suggest a minimum of 12 ounces. Anything smaller could be used for some Fireball. Sorry we'e going to miss this event.
Later and have a great day.

Debbie and Frank, sorry that you will be missing this event. I have shot glass so everyone who wants can try several different types. As for drinking at rallies....;)....

jbeletti
05-17-2015, 07:45 AM
... Sorry we'e going to miss this event...
What! No Lil Guy at the rally? Frank!

hankster
05-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Count me in, sounds like a good way to get together.

'Lil Guy'
05-17-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm retiring the end of this year and will be able to make the one next year. Met a lot of great people at the 4 rallys we've attended and a lot of them will be there. Sure wish we could make it. Every Heartland owner should have the opportunity to meet the "lil Guy' at least once. We'll take it on the road next year. Monkey and all. With the crowd they're expecting, how in the world would we ever find our way back to the LG. He seems to get lost in a crowd of those big rigs. I'd have to put a homing device in it.
Everybody be safe and enjoy the rally and I hope to meet up with everyone again in the near future.

ILH
05-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Count me in - I'll be there with beer in-hand.

kakampers
05-18-2015, 11:30 AM
We'll be there...regional brew house right around the corner from us here in New Mexico! I don't drink beer so I'll will bring me some wine!! :)

TravelTiger
05-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Did someone say Beer Tasting? I am in! Lol... Great Idea! Not sure what I will bring yet but it will be from the Indiana, Michigan and Ohio areas. Look forward to meeting you all.

Bring some Dortmunder Gold from Great Lakes Brewing Company! Enjoyed that with a friend when we were in Cleveland in 2013.

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/dortmunder

Lou_and_Bette
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Don't think I'll be ready for drinking beer quite yet, but Bette will be there and bringing some Southern Pecan from a local brewery here on the Gulf Coast

MCTalley
05-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Don't think I'll be ready for drinking beer quite yet, but Bette will be there and bringing some Southern Pecan from a local brewery here on the Gulf Coast

I had a bottle of that recently in a "build your own six pack" assortment from the grocery store. Pretty good stuff.

jassson007
05-18-2015, 04:35 PM

I have had the southern pecan. Good stuff there Lou.

Kbvols
05-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Done deal. Just picked up a 6 pk has your name on it!

superduty08
05-19-2015, 09:32 PM
I'll bring some Ghost River from Memphis. It'll give me a good reason to taste it.

ILH
05-19-2015, 09:51 PM
I'll bring some Ghost River from Memphis. It'll give me a good reason to taste it.

You need a reason? :p

Possum51
05-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Oh Frank! That's sad! Wish you could come and enjoy the fun!

Count Pat and I in on the beer tasting!

'Lil Guy'
05-20-2015, 04:41 AM
Oh Frank! That's sad! Wish you could come and enjoy the fun!

Count Pat and I in on the beer tasting!

You guys drink one for me and give one to Elsie. Matter of fact, I want to see a pic of her at the Nat'l rally See you two again here in Texas.

Flying Dutchman
05-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Count us in Val, what a great idea. I will have to check some local breweries before we head out.

cookie
05-20-2015, 08:33 AM
You guys drink one for me and give one to Elsie. Matter of fact, I want to see a pic of her at the Nat'l rally See you two again here in Texas.
Frank, why don't you just call in sick for a couple of weeks and join the fun.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'
05-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Don't get me thinking along those lines. I'm retiring the end of this year anyway. Debbie and I will certainly make the next one. Everybody have a great time and be safe. I'm expecting some pics of this extravaganza.

Dean-Pam
05-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Count us in...we just went to a local brewery this past Saturday and have picked out what we want bring to share. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone. Save travels.

superduty08
05-20-2015, 06:46 PM
You need a reason? :p
I really don't but have just never thought about trying something different. I need to change that!

Kbvols
05-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Here is a beer I just picked up to bring to the tasting thought it would be appropriate.

Possum51
05-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Will do, Frank! We just bought some of Texas' finest beers
and heading north in just 5 days!! WooHoo here we come! Pat put the rally horns on the truck today!!

jassson007
05-20-2015, 10:25 PM
and heading north in just 5 days!! WooHoo here we come! Pat put the rally horns on the truck today!!

Awesome. I am down in Texas city working the Houston area Thursday and Friday. We are pulling out on the 5th to head north and meet up with jay and Stella. See y'all up there.

jo9463
05-23-2015, 02:48 PM

The rally horns are fixed! I bet Elaine feels better now that the horns are back in the truck.

brianlajoie
05-23-2015, 11:43 PM
Count us in. Just picked up some Breckenridge Brewery suds tonight.

kakampers
06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
got ours too! It's from Roosevelt Brewery in Portales, NM....Green Chili Beer! Ken says it good...I'll drink wine...LOL!! :)

JWalker
06-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Sweet Baby Jesus brew from Du Claw Brewery in Baltimore MD. It's a chocolate peanut butter porter. I've yet to crack one open. Saving it for Goshen.

VKTalley
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM
got ours too! It's from Roosevelt Brewery in Portales, NM....Green Chili Beer! Ken says it good...I'll drink wine...LOL!! :)

Kathy, I'll join you with the wine. I have a couple we can choose from.

kakampers
06-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a plan Val!!

OEFVET
06-12-2015, 09:40 PM
I have some interesting favorites looking forward to it.

NWILSON
06-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Thought I'd bring this thread to the top as a reminder for those in Goshen.

MCTalley
06-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the bump. We've got all our beers cooling down in the fridge. We do have one cooler we can use and someone else (Andy Grimes?) was bringing another. We'll pick up some ice tomorrow afternoon.

Both ourselves and our next door neighbor will be moving our trucks across the street to leave room for plenty of chairs. If you come in your cart or truck, park across from our sites (NW 448 and 450) on the outside of the curve or optionally along the inside of the curve in front of the Bighorn on the end (NW 450). For those familiar with the area over here, those are the places the Heartland techs have been parking their personal vehicles during the day.

TravelTiger
06-17-2015, 09:50 PM
We have a spare styrofoam cooler we'll bring if someone (maybe someone with a newly won icemaker?) has ice to add to it.

VKTalley
06-17-2015, 10:14 PM
We have a spare styrofoam cooler we'll bring if someone (maybe someone with a newly won icemaker?) has ice to add to it.

Erika, Malcolm and I will be picking up some ice tomorrow afternoon.

jassson007
06-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the bump. We've got all our beers cooling down in the fridge. We do have one cooler we can use and someone else (Andy Grimes?) was bringing another. We'll pick up some ice tomorrow afternoon.

Both ourselves and our next door neighbor will be moving our trucks across the street to leave room for plenty of chairs. If you come in your cart or truck, park across from our sites (NW 448 and 450) on the outside of the curve or optionally along the inside of the curve in front of the Bighorn on the end (NW 450). For those familiar with the area over here, those are the places the Heartland techs have been parking their personal vehicles during the day.

Yes I will have my small yeti but will be more than willing to open it up to anyone to put their beer in it. ;)