Thursday Night Beer Tasting

MCTalley

This is a continuation of a discussion on Facebook. Several of us started talking about bringing a regional beer for others to try at the rally and grew into us (the Talleys) offering to host an evening beer tasting event at our site. So, here's an official invite:

Where: North American Heartland Owners Club Rally
Site: Northwest 448
Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2015 (the free evening during the rally)
Time: 6:30 PM

Bring at least a four-pack or better of a beer regionally brewed (craft beers preferred, but regular commercial beers are OK, too) in an area that you are from (now or originally). If you want, you can just bring a regional beer from somewhere you are traveling through on the way. Also bring a chair to sit in.

Snacks are optional. Also, if anyone normally carries a cooler with them (or at least will have one with them at the rally) and you can bring it to ice down some beers, that would be good, too. We'll provide tasting cups and the ice to keep the beer cold. For those that don't drink beer, feel free to bring the beverage of your choice.

Any other ideas you might have, be sure to post on the thread.

Extra bonus: We'll have a couple bottles of Bourbon Cream and some Root Beer to mix with it. Some of you are familiar with this tasty concoction from the Urbanna Rally.

Update 5/18: We have one person bringing a cooler and we just bought one today, as well. Probably will be sufficient, plus we can use our kitchen sink if needed. Feel free to bring one more cooler if you have one. We'll stop by somewhere local on Thursday afternoon and buy a few bags of ice.

Last edited:

Kbvols

Did someone say Beer Tasting? I am in! Lol... Great Idea! Not sure what I will bring yet but it will be from the Indiana, Michigan and Ohio areas. Look forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am in and will have couple of selections of Abita Beer from Abita Springs Ia. I will also bring some Louisiana distilled rum to sample as well. Ask Jim to taste from his bottle of select since I am protecting mine. Lol. I will also have my yeti cooler that can ice down about 18 long necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We will probably attend with some Texas microbrews.

'Lil Guy'

What an absolutely great idea and way to get people together at a rally and what a great way to get to know everybody. I wasn't sure if you could drink at a Heartland rally. I'm attending another this year and will check with their guidelines to see if alcohol is permitted. What size tasting cups are you going to use. I would suggest a minimum of 12 ounces. Anything smaller could be used for some Fireball. Sorry we'e going to miss this event.
Later and have a great day.

VKTalley

What an absolutely great idea and way to get people together at a rally and what a great way to get to know everybody. I wasn't sure if you could drink at a Heartland rally. I'm attending another this year and will check with their guidelines to see if alcohol is permitted. What size tasting cups are you going to use. I would suggest a minimum of 12 ounces. Anything smaller could be used for some Fireball. Sorry we'e going to miss this event.
Later and have a great day.

Debbie and Frank, sorry that you will be missing this event. I have shot glass so everyone who wants can try several different types. As for drinking at rallies....;)....

'Lil Guy'

I'm retiring the end of this year and will be able to make the one next year. Met a lot of great people at the 4 rallys we've attended and a lot of them will be there. Sure wish we could make it. Every Heartland owner should have the opportunity to meet the "lil Guy' at least once. We'll take it on the road next year. Monkey and all. With the crowd they're expecting, how in the world would we ever find our way back to the LG. He seems to get lost in a crowd of those big rigs. I'd have to put a homing device in it.
Everybody be safe and enjoy the rally and I hope to meet up with everyone again in the near future.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We'll be there...regional brew house right around the corner from us here in New Mexico! I don't drink beer so I'll will bring me some wine!! :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Did someone say Beer Tasting? I am in! Lol... Great Idea! Not sure what I will bring yet but it will be from the Indiana, Michigan and Ohio areas. Look forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bring some Dortmunder Gold from Great Lakes Brewing Company! Enjoyed that with a friend when we were in Cleveland in 2013.

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/dortmunder

Lou_and_Bette

Don't think I'll be ready for drinking beer quite yet, but Bette will be there and bringing some Southern Pecan from a local brewery here on the Gulf Coast

MCTalley

Don't think I'll be ready for drinking beer quite yet, but Bette will be there and bringing some Southern Pecan from a local brewery here on the Gulf Coast

I had a bottle of that recently in a "build your own six pack" assortment from the grocery store. Pretty good stuff.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

I have had the southern pecan. Good stuff there Lou.