Electric Chain Saws

Sniper

We are thinking about getting an electric chain saw to keep in our fifth wheel. Wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable brand for cutting up small limbs and such we find laying around the campground for firewood. Thanks.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
We are thinking about getting an electric chain saw to keep in our fifth wheel. Wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable brand for cutting up small limbs and such we find laying around the campground for firewood. Thanks.

Harbor Freight has them very cheap and if you are just cutting tree limbs or firewood they work fine. With the internet coupon that you can download anytime you can get another 20% off.

[h=2]9 Amp 14 In. Electric Chain Saw $54.99[/h]

Sniper

Thanks Fred. I seen one at Wally world for 50 bucks the other day. "Worx" was the brand name. I'm just hesitant to spend any money on something I know so little about.

Snow

Personally I would get a good battery sawzall like a dewalt or Milwaukee ,the new ones with a ni-cad battery will do more then a chain saw for small stuff ,get a wood blade and your ready to go .plus you can cut other stuff as well with different blades ,it might be about twice as much but a lot better . JMUO. ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Sniper

Thanks Snow. I never would ever thought about a sawzall. That could just be the excuse I need to buy another DeWalt tool!

Sniper

Wow Bob! That thing looks to be waaaay beyond what I was looking for, price wise anyways. Nice though. Wonder how long the battery last on those. I've seen the Black & Decker 40volt for about $120.00 at Rural King, but thought the battery pack may run down to fast.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Seriously though, last summer at a group campout I was trying to maneuver into a site with a some low branches. Another member of our group came over with a cordless sawzall, climbed up on the roof of my trailer and took down a couple of 2-3" limbs in a few seconds. Oh, and the batteries are LI, not Ni-Cad.

Sniper

That is another thing that never crossed my mind, having to climb with a cord. Maybe cordless is the way to go.

Sniper

Thanks TravelTiger. I think I will really look at going cordless. Folks are bringing up a lot of things I never considered before.

Sniper

Thanks porthole with the replays I've gotten I'm really leaning towards going the sawzall route. I could use that around the house and garage too.

Snow

Thanks porthole with the replays I've gotten I'm really leaning towards going the sawzall route. I could use that around the house and garage too.
There you go !! A good excuse to get a new toy lol. ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️