bumper capacity

durchfam

I own a heartland Prowler Lynx (2014). I am curious as to the load capacity of the back bumper. I have ready MANY pro's and cons of using the back bumper for bike transportation. Any information on this is appreciated.

danemayer

Hi durchfam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully another Prowler owner can give you the benefit of their experience with the bumper.

Btw, I've moved the thread to the Prowler area of the forum.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I own a heartland Prowler Lynx (2014). I am curious as to the load capacity of the back bumper. I have ready MANY pro's and cons of using the back bumper for bike transportation. Any information on this is appreciated.

Are you talking about a slide-out bumper?

If so, we have one on our current trailer (2013 Heartland Trail Runner), and was told when we bought it that it would hold 250 pounds max!

We carry two bikes on it, plus the spare tire is also mounted on it, and it carries them OK, although it is a major PITA strapping them down . . . so much so that we typically don't take them off, like this past weekend!

We just traded in our Trail Runner for a new 2015 Heartland Prowler P292, but it doesn't have the bike rack bumper, so we'll be looking at an alternative for this in the near future!

Old and new:

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg EndOfTheBlowMaxs-P5100659.jpg ProwlerOnLot-P5160719.jpg ProwlerOnLot-P5160728.jpg

'Lil Guy'

Not sure what you have but on our older NT21FBS we had a slide out bike rack. It was plenty strong for a couple of bikes and igloo. I think it was rated for 250lbs. If youi are refering to the 4" tube bumper we use for storing our serer hose, it should support a couple of bikes with no problem. A little info as to what you have back there would be helpful.