Just Picked Up '09 Bh 3600re

rad11

DW and I picked up our '09 BH 3600RE (Ser. #1546 (last 4 of VIN)) last Friday at RVPriceBusters/BestBuysRV at Richmond, IN. Our contact there with Brent Hoffman started last fall when we got serious about ordering. We ordered in late October '07, our coach (don't you love that word... sounds so much better than camper) came off the production line in early December and they stored it at the dealership 'til now. I would highly recommend that dealership and Brent. We were more than pleased with his support and with their pricing.

We stayed in the coach last Thursday night in the dealership yard, did a thorough PDI myself that evening and then went over the coach with dealer's service guys on Friday a.m. Only three minor items needed attention, they fixed those and we were on the road to home (central PA) by 3:00 p.m. Friday. We drove as far as Youngstown, OH and then found a campground near the Flying J that would let us hook up to electric (their water was shut off). We awoke Saturday a.m. to 7" of new snow! After two hours of shoveling snow from the tire tracks (pretty steep uphill grade over 200 yards) and the top of the coach, slideouts, and truck, we were on our way home. I must say that towing the BH back to PA with the 1 ton dually was a dream compared to towing the 35' travel trailer out to IN.:)

We'll camp locally between now and early June and then we're off for a three week trip to Black Hills of SD and then to Yellowstone/Grand Teton and back.

I've been following this forum for over a year while we narrowed our list down to a short list and then down to the BH. We talked to Jim B. at the Hershey, PA RV show and made our decision then (after looking at about 50 other FW coaches) that the BH was #1 on our list. The tremendous positive value of this forum played a big part in our decision to go with Heartland.

I look forward to seeing some of you fellow Heartland owner's on the road.

Roger, Toni(DW) and Madison(DD) and dog Angel

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Roger:
You made a great decision. We bought our Bighorn last September and have never regretted it. We love the look on our friends faces when they walk in the door and see all that we have. Enjoy your "coach" and live that same dream that so many of us are living.
Fred and Elizabeth

jpmorgan37

Hello Madison and Angel;

You be sure and thank your mom and dad every day for your new coach. It's not every day that parents go and get you a new home away from home, so you take very good care of it and give them lots of kisses for buying that for you. You enjoy it and hope that mom and dad do too.

John

p.s. Roger and Toni, my heartiest congratulations, and that was a nice thing to do for your furry kids.

CGibson

Congrats on the new BH. We have the 3400 RE coach on order and are just waiting for delivery. (They have to find a driver who wants to come to Alaska). We are expecting to get it within 2 weeks.

Were there any items that you found on your PDI that we should be sure to check out?

rad11

Thanks all for your comments.

Gibson Family: The only repair items were 1. Two small spots needing caulking where roof rubber meets the edge; 2. One of the reading lights over the king bed wouldn't work (they replaced it with one from another coach); 3. Caulking needed at the outside bottom end of the door frame (you could see light when looking at the door frame from inside the coach). Also, I did finger tighten each of the plumbing supply line fittings and waste line fittings (kitchen sink, bathroom lav, shower, etc) and found that every fitting could easily be tightened by a half to a full turn. Other than those items and overall, I was very pleased with the fit and finish of the coach.

I used one of the several, very thorough PDI checklists found on this site. Also, after having spent a year or so monitoring this site as well as the RV.Net site, I had a good sense for what to look for in the PDI. And finally, the dealer allowed us to spend the afternoon and night of the first day in the coach, so I was able to take my time without any distractions to work my way through the PDI checklist.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well, more congratulations on your Bighorn and we wish you many happy times ahead camping. We bought a 2008 3400RE which we got late last year and only had a short shakedown. No problems at all and we're quite happy with it. We'll soon take it to the Phoeniz, AZ area for a couple weeks. I'm glad to hear that you were off the road when the snow came, too.