Oxygenics shower head - Problems

ManDak

After ready rave review of the oxygenic shower head I ordered one off of amazon. Husband went to hook it up this weekend but seems like it has less pressure than the factory shower head. He used the existing hose off the old shower. Wondering what may have gone wrong with the set-up? I did not see it myself so thinking i will try again to install it on my own. Husband can be stubborn to think that maybe he did something wrong. Any tips on the install?

DocFather

Possibly the water-saver insert needs to be removed. But most of the reviews I have seen voice the same complaint and they returned the product.

bigdob24

We have one and it's great , lots of pressure .
I measured the water out put and it was somewhere over a gallon a min. So not too bad if your on a limited water supply.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I bought one a couple of years ago (the white one) but it was too heavy for the support and kept washing the shower floor. So I swapped it with the lighter lo-flow Teledyne I had at home and now both showers are happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VKTalley

After ready rave review of the oxygenic shower head I ordered one off of amazon. Husband went to hook it up this weekend but seems like it has less pressure than the factory shower head. He used the existing hose off the old shower. Wondering what may have gone wrong with the set-up? I did not see it myself so thinking i will try again to install it on my own. Husband can be stubborn to think that maybe he did something wrong. Any tips on the install?

Which oxygenic shower head do you have? We had the BodySpa one in our previous rig and it worked fine but I never felt like it rinsed all the shampoo out of my hair. In our new rig, we installed Fury shower head by Oxygenic and I love it! It has 5 different spray patterns and my hair feels much better.

danemayer

Low "pressure" is often low water flow. Things to consider:

• Water flow will never be any better than what's coming out of the campground faucet. Take a bucket and time how long it takes to fill, direct from the faucet. That'll tell you the max you can expect from the shower.
  • Inexpensive pressure regulators will keep the pressure at 40 psi or below, but do so by also restricting flow. Measure the water flow again using the bucket, but do so after the regulator.
  • Water filters can also reduce water flow. Check again after the filter.
  • Measure how long it takes to fill the bucket from the shower. Should be about the same as the result after regulator and filter.

If the problem is the regulator, you can get a good, high-flow regulator from RVWaterFilterStore.com. I have their Fairview regulator.

sengli

We have a white one, with the shut off valve. Ours works great, and we hardly ever are hooked to city water. We always run off the pump, with internal water. Strange thing though, when we use the handle mounted on/ off valve, the water comes back on as cold? Must be something to do with the water heater valve.

TxCowboy

Low "pressure" is often low water flow. Things to consider:

• Water flow will never be any better than what's coming out of the campground faucet. Take a bucket and time how long it takes to fill, direct from the faucet. That'll tell you the max you can expect from the shower.
  • Inexpensive pressure regulators will keep the pressure at 40 psi or below, but do so by also restricting flow. Measure the water flow again using the bucket, but do so after the regulator.
  • Water filters can also reduce water flow. Check again after the filter.
  • Measure how long it takes to fill the bucket from the shower. Should be about the same as the result after regulator and filter.

If the problem is the regulator, you can get a good, high-flow regulator from RVWaterFilterStore.com. I have their Fairview regulator.

Danemayer, how much water pressure should the OP be expecting at the shower and/or after the regulator?

I have a 45 PSI regulator installed right at the city water connection as it connects to the RV and the pressure at my sinks and shower are just OK. But I've also heard, perhaps incorrectly, that anything above 45 PSI is risky.

BTW, 45 PSI is what I have in my SnB house.

ManDak

Our current shower head has ok flow. I don't know what pressure but it is sufficient enough for me to have a shower and wash and rinse out my hair - and I have long thick hair. I didn't see it myself but husband said it was more or less a dribble out and less flow than the old one. I thought maybe he didn't have something adjusted or maybe something to do with the fact that he didn't use the hose that came with it but the original one. The city water we are hooked up to is spliced to another camper as well but the valve to the other camper was closed that day. I guess I will try it again and see for myself and if it doesn't work then look for something else or keep what we have.

danemayer

Danemayer, how much water pressure should the OP be expecting at the shower and/or after the regulator?

I have a 45 PSI regulator installed right at the city water connection as it connects to the RV and the pressure at my sinks and shower are just OK. But I've also heard, perhaps incorrectly, that anything above 45 PSI is risky.

BTW, 45 PSI is what I have in my SnB house.

I believe the Heartland Manual warns not to exceed 60psi at the city water connection.

Increasing the pressure won't necessarily get you more water at the shower. You need more water flow. And again, if the campground isn't supplying as much water as you want, you'll not be able to fix it by changing things in the RV.

wdk450

When I am in a campground with low water pressure input, I turn on the 12 volt water pump to work together with the campground water for higher pressure. It seems to help some.

Also, put your water pressure regulator last thing before the trailer connection in the input water circuit. If you have a filter inline it will cause a pressure drop, and if you start out with the pressure regulator at the campground faucet, your filter pressure drop will reduce this pressure. If you have the regulator last, it should only reduce down to its regulation value, not that value PLUS the filter pressure drop.