Landing Gear Specs

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I had the coach in today for a minor repair at my dealer. I did ask them to check the landing gear as it appears that 1 side leg (not foot) is higher that the other. I was told that it was OK??? When the gear comes down and I pull the pins to set the feet, it is 2 holes off from side to side. My question is, is this right or wrong. Do I have to fix everything myself????? Bob:(

Forrest Fetherolf

Bob,

The different in leg length is ok, just looks bad. You are better of adjusting them yourself.
Hook up to TV, raise jacks off ground, remove one of the nuts/bolt on either end off of the cross over shaft connecting the jacks, manually adjust either jack up or down to match the other, You should replace both shaft nuts with nylock nuts.

If you don't get it done before the rally, we can do it then.

Forrest

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dealers suck

Dennis and forrest, Dennis it might have, Forrest I fixed it this afternoon. I guess I was just venting. The holes in the feet tubes where 2 holes off, 3 1/2 inches different in height. But like I was told by the dealer, its OK. My reply was bull poop, just didn't want to fix them. BTW, they did get new bolts and lock nuts. Bob:mad:

Last edited:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Good job Bob, I had the same problem, but I was able to fix it temporarily by loosening the brackets that held the pin and adjusting them up to the proper height. I have done it 3 times now, I would like to show it to you and see if you can offer a solution. Could be the brackets are just bent I dont know. The pin hardly ever just pops in to the right hole all the way thru.