Reading lights in bedroom

jimtoo

Hi brander175,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You don't tell us what unit you have, but if like most of the units there is a knob on the opposite end of the light that you twist. It's not just real visible if the light is pointed straight down, it's between the hanger arms.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the lights look like these, then the knob is between the support arms, as mentioned. I modified my lights to have a wall switch closer to the bed, so we could turn them on/off without having to get up out of bed. Fairly simple modification. I made the wood bases for the lamps and the wall switches to give some room to make the connections and run the wire channel into. Changing the OEM bulbs to LED's also eliminated burnt fingers trying to turn them off using the knob on the lamp.

d1e3351f4f6be70463bdc5101019a507.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe not a main switch unless there's been a big change in how they're installed. If they worked earlier and now they don't, it may be a loose 12V connection or possibly a blown fuse. A good place to start would be the wiring junction box for the bedroom slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk