Heartland Review: Customer Support

flips

Greetings,

For those who are prospective owners and are wondering about how Heartland supports their customers I would like to share my experience thus far.

Ive had to call Heartland twice regarding my newly purchased 2016 NT 33BKSS Caliber Edition and I've received nothing but the best customer service.

The first occasion involved missing BBQ grill from the dealer. I called the Southern California Heartland representative who was helping me when I was deciding between Heartland and Jayco trailers. He told me that my trailer absolutely came with the BBQ grill. He told me to call my dealer and file a warranty claim which will result in Heartland sending me a grill. To make a long story short I got the run around from my dealer for 4 weeks. The Internet sales manager finally agreed that the trailer should have come with the grill and he was going to find out what happened to it. I told him Heartland told me to simply file a claim but he suggested trying to find it was easier. After 4 weeks I finally asked again to file a claim. I was asked who from Heartland I was getting my information from and I gave the Heartland Reps name and number.

I quicky texted my rep and apologized for giving his number. His response, "That's fine I want you to be happy. I'll take care of them if they call me". Awesome! I told him that my family and I are very happy with the trailer and that this does not take away from it.

Second occasion involved my trailer brakes. Unfortunately after successfully towing my trailer home 200 miles from the dealer I started getting grounding error messages from my prodigy P2 controller. I towed another 20-30 miles to camp on two separate occasions and I kept losing my trailer brakes. I did all I could to eliminate potential root causes. Since I have two tow vehicles I bought an extra brake controller. I also turned in my old one under warranty and now have two P2s. The issue was observed on both tow vehicles so I knew that it was the trailer. I called Heartland and once again recieved the best service. They understood that there was no way I was going to drive 200 miles to my dealership. They checked around me and the closest authorized dealer was still ~70 miles away so they looked up a reputable trailer shop for me to call. Heartland told me that under the circumstances, they will waive any mobile support fees. I was stoked that they didnt want me to pull my trailer even though it's less than 10 miles from my house.

During the the conversation the attitude was never "are you sure it's the trailer?" It was "let's get you fixed up so you can pull safely". All Heartland asked was what was the issue and how can we fix it. I was offering all the information regarding what I've done to eliminate all the other possible causes for the brakes failing but it didn't seem like it was required.

Thank you Heartland! I am happy with my purchase even happier knowing that if any issues arise I can call and get help.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi flips,

Thanks for the great report on Heartlands Customer Service.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

Thanks flips for the positive post. I'm glad to hear of Heartlands response to your problems. Most people on forums don't take the time to write up a good review on a product but will tear the forum up over a minor issue. I had an NT21FBS for a short while and now have an Elkridge E289. Neither unit has ever had any issues to speak of. I guess I got the only 2 Heartland rigs made with no problems.lol However, I never doubted that Heartland wouldn't answer the call if need be. Thanks again for your post and reassurance and enjoy that new rig.
BTW: When I picked up my 1st unit (NT21FBS) I was missing the BBQ also. I showed it to them on the paper work where it was supposed to be there. After arguing with the make ready on acceptance, my salesman walked out of the back of the shop with the one that came with it. Dealers don't want to give anything away and parts start getting borrowed very quickly.
Again thanks for the post and have a great day.

Bones

I Agree with your post in that the Heartland reps have been excellent to work with. I have had a few issues my self and they have always been extremely helpful in getting everything resolved. Thanks Heartland. :)

davebennington

The Heartland service has improved quite a lot in the past few years. I have had to call a couple of times with concerns with our new Landmark/Ashland, the service personnel have all been helpful in every way.
I have said this in the past but it bears saying again the service personnel are very much like the lost luggage person at the airport they never see or hear good, when you have to go to them it is because you are having a problem and you are upset about it.
They do a great job. IMO

dave

flips

Thank you so much for this info -- of great help to us who are looking at buying a Heartland RV.

Glad I can help. I spent a lot of time on several forums reading reviews on different brands. I'm pretty sure I almost lost my wife and my job for spending too much time learning about each trailer, floor plan, dealer, and manufacturer lol.

I learned a lot and wanted to give back. Good luck on your search...Heartland has my vote :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While I haven't needed them a lot in the almost 7 years we've owned our rig, when I have contacted them, they've been very helpful. And when they promised to call back after looking for some information, they did. An early warranty job involving the front welds was handled between them and the dealer without me doing anything (other than mentioning to the dealer that the floor squeaked).

Customer service is almost analogous to being a firefighter. We're either the heroes that save the day or the bastards that made you put out your bonfire.

F_Goose

Flips,
Thanks for the positive post on HL service. I too have had only good service on the occasion I've had to call them.

I work as a traffic engineer for a city and know that most people will only call to complain. Never do we hear that everything is working great and traffic signals running the way their supposed to. Only get calls and complaints of being held up due to too much traffic. blah, blah, blah...

dghofstee

Loud Mouthed Member
I am right there with you. The main reason I purchased a Heartland was because of the customer service reviews I had read. Too bad the local dealer couldn't join on the same customer service bandwagon!

flips

I am right there with you. The main reason I purchased a Heartland was because of the customer service reviews I had read. Too bad the local dealer couldn't join on the same customer service bandwagon!

Good news! I've been communicating with the dealer and they've contacted Heartland and filed a claim for the missing BBQ grill. They said its been approved and the grill should be sent to my home soon.

It's a bummer that I was given wrong information initially by the dealer and they've been slow to act but I'm glad that they're now making things right. Thank you Giant RV of Murrieta CA.

Also, my TT is now in the shop and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they figure out my brake issues.