First tow with new Trail Runner and new TV + ProPride 3P hitch!

rangerbait

The 2011 Armada wasn't up to the task of towing our new 8,000 dry weight TT, so it had to go. I found a great deal on a sweet 2012 F350 Fx4 PSD Lariat in excellent shape. Took it out for it's maiden tow today, and was absolutely blown away with how easily it handled the load. The exhaust brake worked great on the descents, and the 400hp/800 ft/lbs climbed the hills like a scalded cat!

I was also very impressed with the stability and turning angle that was afforded by the ProPride. I had it installed on the Armada, but only took it around the neighborhood. Check out the photos that my helper and I shot today :)

unnamed.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0019%202.jpg

DSC_0022%202.jpg

DSC_0023%202.jpg

DSC_0026%202.jpg

DSC_0028%202.jpg

DSC_0030%202.jpg

DSC_0033%202.jpg

DSC_0036%202.jpg

DSC_0037%202.jpg

DSC_0038%202.jpg

DSC_0039%202.jpg

DSC_0042%202.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sweet!

You are going to have a lot of fun with your Trail Runner!

That hitch setup is pretty intense . . . never seen one of those before!

And, you will be glad you went with a bigger truck!

rangerbait

Looks awesome, now it's time to get out campin'.

Peace
Dave
First trip to Lake Tahoe next month is already booked!! We're heading up there for 5 days and meeting my parents at the campground...STOKED!!!

We're debating taking a quick overnight shakedown trip to the local RV park just to make sure everything works properly first. Time is the biggest constraint at this point, unfortunately.

rangerbait

Sweet!

You are going to have a lot of fun with your Trail Runner!

That hitch setup is pretty intense . . . never seen one of those before!

And, you will be glad you went with a bigger truck!

So far the ProPride pulls great...but who could tell; the F350 is such a monster, the rear end didn't even sink an inch when I dropped the tongue on it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
First trip to Lake Tahoe next month is already booked!! We're heading up there for 5 days and meeting my parents at the campground...STOKED!!!

We're debating taking a quick overnight shakedown trip to the local RV park just to make sure everything works properly first. Time is the biggest constraint at this point, unfortunately.

We were going to pull our Trail Runner out to Lake Tahoe this summer to visit my brother (lives in the mountains on the California side overlooking Tahoe), but we just traded it in for a Heartland 5th-wheel, so not sure how that trip will develop since we broke into our travel budget to make the upgrade.

Probably next summer if we can't squeeze it in this year.

Let us know how the trip goes and post some pics for us to view!

Plus, we could use some reviews on campgrounds in the area.

As for the shakedown trip . . . if you can . . . do it!

Having problems on a trip is a big Debbie Downer . . .

rangerbait

We were going to pull our Trail Runner out to Lake Tahoe this summer to visit my brother (lives in the mountains on the California side overlooking Tahoe), but we just traded it in for a Heartland 5th-wheel, so not sure how that trip will develop since we broke into our travel budget to make the upgrade.

Probably next summer if we can't squeeze it in this year.

Let us know how the trip goes and post some pics for us to view!

Plus, we could use some reviews on campgrounds in the area.

As for the shakedown trip . . . if you can . . . do it!

Having problems on a trip is a big Debbie Downer . . .

Will post plenty of pics...don't worry there!

I grew up in the area, and lived in South Lake Tahoe for a number of years. Such a great area!

My favorite spot for RVing at the lake is the Tahoe Valley campground. It has a ton of full-hookup spots, and in centrally located to all of the activities. Zephyr Cove on the Nevada side is closer to the lake, but it always feels way too crowded to me. Hope you can make it happen this summer!

BTW, looks like we're going to do an overnight this weekend to acclimate to the new setup.

jbeletti

Nice looking rig. The hitch seems amazing. I remember hearing good stuff about them back when I had a TT. I think TerryH here on the forum had a hitch like that when he had a TT.

Looks like your helper received a reward for his help. He looks happy.

Make some great memories out there!