Progressive HW50 in BH 3010RE

I've installed Progressive EMS in previous trailers however I am wondering how to get access to the rear of the breaker box in my 3010RE. I found a post for another model Heartland trailer that showed the breaker box being pulled forward. Anyone know if this can be done in a 3010RE?

Thanks!

Jay

avvidclif

Not being familiar with the layout of your trailer look at the power connection and then the breaker box and figure the shortest way between the 2. Then figure out how to get to the line. In mine it was visible after removing panels in the basement. My power connection was just behind the basement door.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
When I installed mine, I removed the breaker box and the fire extinguisher box right beside it. That gave me plenty of room to work. There was a lot of extra cable behind the breaker box so I was able to pull the box out into the entryway and splice in the EMS. I mounted the EMS to the floor behind the breaker box. Never had to go thru the storage bay into the basement. Just take the breaker box out and see how much room you have. CAUTION: disconnect from Shore Power before you do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

I have a 3010 and first installed mine at the back of the unit. I drilled a hole down through the floor in the cabinet under the stereo where the woofer is at. Dropped the chloroplast and hooked up under there.

Quickly discovered this was a mistake since I could not see the read out until the rooms where opened. Too late I realized it was better to see how the power is doing before I complete the setup.

Then read a thread on here from someone who had a 3010 and they pulled the fuse panel out after removing 6 screws. Turns out there is like 6 - 10 foot of cable behind it that allows for this. Again it started to make sense as someone had to wire this whole mess and they would not have done it from the basement.

You do have to take down the basement wall to shove the devices wires into the fuse box hole for connection....and then back there again to help guide the wire back into the basement.....but really a fairly easy job. Wish I had done it right in the first place.

So I moved mine to the basement....fortunately I just had to rejoin the wire I had cut at the back of the RV and use the extra I had purchased to use in connecting it to the fuse box. Since the device was already wired....I just had to connect the ends. Basically did the whole job from the kitchen floor. Pulled the monitoring system wire up into the switch cabinet....and now as soon as we pull in and plug in.....we go in and see how the power is first.

happykraut

On my 3010 I pulled out the breaker box and wired a 5 foot pigtail too it. Then I installed the EMS into the basement. Had the same lash-up on my previous Heartland BC. Removed everything and re-installed it into my BH. Easy job.

Roller4tan

I too, wired the EMS after pulling out the breaker panel. I ran the monitor wiring under the bottom step for the bed/bathroom and put the monitor there under the step lip and close to the cabinet wall. I can see it from the recliner or from outside as I open the door.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Jumping into the fray...I'll repost how I remounted mine. Initially, I had the dealer install it and they put it right behind the breaker panel, with the remote display in the switch cabinet (no problem seeing it there). When I decided to move my converter out from under the toilet tank flush anti-siphon valve, I also remounted the suppressor. I cut a section of 3/4" plywood and mounted it to the side of the stair framing behind the basement wall. Then attached both devices to that. Doing so keeps them away from any possible water leaks and made the converter fuses more accessible and put the cooling fan in a cleaner spot. To reposition the suppressor, I used a section of 6ga. cable I had left over from a wiring job I did in my home garage.

I also modified the basement walls to have access panels that can be easily opened to check behind. This one is in front of the stair mounting. The other is behind the UDC.