ATF: Mallard - TV mount & fresh water tank drain on M28

My wife and I brought our new M28 home yesterday and we are VERY excited about it and can't wait to hit the road ASAP. A couple of things I need to address are:

1) This unit has the swivel TV box for viewing in the living/kitchen area or bedroom area, but does not have a TV installed. I need to know what method to use to attach a TV to this area. I'm not sure what the internals are made of, so I'm leery of just finding a flat TV mount and going to town. Also, I want to install the largest TV that will fit this area, so I want to be sure it is plenty secure.

2) I have found the fresh water pump under the island in the kitchen - but where is the tank located? The dealer filled the tank to help us with our walk-through when we picked it up, but I don't want to be towing my unit with that water tank full. I need to dump it. Where is the drain for the tank? They were going to show me at the dealer and got distracted with something else and next thing I know we're driving home with that extra 315+ pounds on board.

Thank you so much for your help with these matters.

John

danemayer

Hi bigjohnjeep,

While I'm not familiar with the layout of the Mallard, on most trailers, the fresh water tank is above the axles. There's usually a 1/2" piece of water hose hanging down by the axles, with an inline valve to open when you want to drain the tank.

On the TV mounting, perhaps another Mallard owner will chime in. If not, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to help.

Im4udi

Just bought a Mallard as well (M28), installed a TV bracket center of swivel. You can push the paneling and feel the square area that has been beefed up for the bracket. Drilled holes smaller then wood screws to allow for good grip of WOOD screws enabling secure installation.

jimtoo

Hi Im4udi,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

This thread is kinda old, but thanks for your post. It's always good to share your mods or way of doing it.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

M28owner

Does anyone know what that cigarette lighter adapter (for lack of a better word) is by the tv antenna/cable switch is for? I don't recall what the tech said it was for. It me right under the swivel next to the plug outlet.

danemayer

Does anyone know what that cigarette lighter adapter (for lack of a better word) is by the tv antenna/cable switch is for? I don't recall what the tech said it was for. It me right under the swivel next to the plug outlet.

Some TVs made for the RV market may have a dual power setup so they can plug into either a 120V AC outlet, or a 12V DC socket. If you had one of those TVs (I think Jensen makes some), you could watch TV without being on shore power.

Of course you could also use that socket to power other 12V DC devices. Charging phones or tablets for example.

rsatchell

OK.. brand spanking new to both this forum and to RVing.
My wife and I bought a Mallard M27 over the weekend and we are looking forward to learning and traveling a bit over the summer.

We need to get a TV in the camper but I just dont know what I dont know... I am trying to understand how big the backer plate is and how much flexibility I have in mounting the brackets. Is the backer plate wood? This thing is supposed to be aluminum construction, so I want sure if the support area would be an metal plate or what... I hate the idea of drilling when I don't know whats back there.

Thanks for any guidance for the newbies. :)

-Bob

danemayer

OK.. brand spanking new to both this forum and to RVing.
My wife and I bought a Mallard M27 over the weekend and we are looking forward to learning and traveling a bit over the summer.

We need to get a TV in the camper but I just dont know what I dont know... I am trying to understand how big the backer plate is and how much flexibility I have in mounting the brackets. Is the backer plate wood? This thing is supposed to be aluminum construction, so I want sure if the support area would be an metal plate or what... I hate the idea of drilling when I don't know whats back there.

Thanks for any guidance for the newbies. :)

-Bob

Hi rsatchell,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You should probably call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.