Need Convection Microwave Oven Tips Please!

We just picked up our beautiful new Landmark 365 Newport and have been living in it for almost a week now! (we are full-timers) This is my first experience with a convection microwave oven, and the manual is less than helpful. We have the High Pointe Model EC942K9E. I'm not sure if I should use the round turntable rack or the rectangular shelf for convection cooking. The images on pg. 8 show to use the rack, but the directions on page 17 say to use the shelf! Maybe I'm overthinking it? Any tips on this specific question or on convection microwave cooking in general would be much appreciated. I love to cook and want to figure out how to do it properly in this new device. Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that when people are exposed to a convection microwave for the first time there can be a bunch of apprehension when first using it.
Once you get over that you will really like it. But there is a bit of a learning curve.
When we are making a pizza we will use the round turntable rack, or if a smaller dish that allows enough room to turn we will use the round rack as well.
If the item being bake is in a larger pan we will use the rack.
It is a good idea to check the actual heat with a thermometer versed the number that you entered for the temp. The are known to bake cooler than the temp you wanted.
Also ours has a hot spot, so when baking it is a good idea to turn the pan. Yours may be different, but something to watch for.

Peace
Dave