Truck Stops & Diesel Fueling Stations

jpmorgan37

I like to travel on secondary roads instead of Interstate Highways and sometimes finding a Truck Stop where I can get in and get out of comfortably can be a challenge. I found this on the AITA website that list the truck stops by state. Truck Stops Down towards the middle of the page are directions to add this to Microsoft Streets and Trips. If you have that program, you can add this information to your program and it will list over 5700 truck stops on your map. When you program in your route, the truck stops will show up along your route and you can plan your refueling stops accordingly. It can sure help in your route planning.

John

Last edited:

sidney dreyfus

Truck Driving Directions

Does anyone have a web site like MapQuest that is good for trucks and trailers? Mapquest is more for cars. It doesn't recognize parkway restrictions.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
I ask for the same info as Sidney. I have used Map quest, and like Rand McNally better but they are for cars. We have a 3400 RL our total length is 53 feet. On interstates truck stops are no problem but we prefer none interstates and fuel is a problem we find. We even had a close call this last trip with an overpass near Baton Rouge.
Regards
Wayne

nscaler2

Low bridges

I ask for the same info as Sidney. I have used Map quest, and like Rand McNally better but they are for cars. We have a 3400 RL our total length is 53 feet. On interstates truck stops are no problem but we prefer none interstates and fuel is a problem we find. We even had a close call this last trip with an overpass near Baton Rouge.
Regards
Wayne
Here is a good web site to find low overpass and bridge heights. I know you can't use it in your computer maps but is good information. It might keep you from getting into trouble, I know it has kept us out of trouble on one occasion.

http://www.aitaonline.com/Info/Road/Low Clearances.html

mike3fan

Does anyone have a web site like MapQuest that is good for trucks and trailers? Mapquest is more for cars. It doesn't recognize parkway restrictions.

sorry for digging this one up,this is the gps system that I use in the truck.It would work for pulling the 5er also it will not route you on routes that have low underpasses and also has plenty of poi's for fueling stations and parking(including resturants with large vehicle parking).I have version 9 and a couple of my trucking buddies have this version(11) and they say that they like version 9 a little better,sometimes you can find them on ebay.

http://www.dieselboss.com/Travrout/mapping.htm