Poopy Issues-HELP Plz!

Hi all. I'm new to rv'ing and new to Heartland. I just bought a private sale 2007 Heartland Sundance 3200ES. When I turned the water on last night the toilet wouldn't stop sending water to the bowl. Eventually it spilled over. Luckily I caught it pretty quickly. It's a porcelain toilet and I'm pretty sure that it's the original. I tried to jiggle the handle to stop it, but to no avail. The only way I could stop it was by turning the water off in the rv altogether. Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions for me? I'm supposed to be camping tomorrow and through the weekend, and it kind of stinks to not have running water in my rv. You guys are great and I'm excited to hear all the suggestions. Thank you in advance.

wdk450

Welcome to the Forum:
First thing to rescue your camping weekend would be to go to Home Depot, and buy a Sharkbite (brand) 1/2" PEX shutoff valve. You can easily cut the supply hose to the toilet, slip this on and be able to just cut off the water to the toilet. http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Brass-Push-to-Connect-Slip-Ball-Valve-24735LF/205475241

Next, we need to determine what make/model toilet you have installed. On the RV toilets, this may be on a label, sometimes located on the back lower neck of the toilet. Maybe you have some documentation in your blue manuals bag. On the "Tools" tab at the top of this page, there is a tab labelled "Manuals". Click on it, and I would guess then "plumbing" and "Toilets" to see all the manuals we have collected for your use. My toilet doesn't have a fresh water reservoir (or a handle), just a foot pedal that allows water flow when the pedal is depressed. Maybe someone else can identify your toilet and help you take this further. With the shutoff valve you can get out camping, you will just have to use the campground's "facilities".

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good call on the Sharkbite valve, but once you get it in place, you should be able to use the toilet in the trailer. Just use the valve to control the flush until you get the toilet valve repaired. Quite possibly, the toilet is a Dometic Model 210. Go to Dometic's website and try to match it with the diagrams they have. The other brand of RV toilets I'm familiar with is Thetford, but I don't think Heartland was using them.

donr827

Do not know if the Sundance has a black flush. If so he could have the hose connected to the wrong connector and it filled the black tank and the water is coming out the toilet.
Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Do not know if the Sundance has a black flush. If so he could have the hose connected to the wrong connector and it filled the black tank and the water is coming out the toilet.
Don[/

It sounded like the bowl was filling/overflowing and the valve on the side was defective, allowing a constant flow into the bowl. If the tank flusher was the source of water, he'd have a little Vesuvius with the first flush or the nasty would be running out from the base of the commode.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You should be able to find a replacement toilet for around $125-$225 depending on the type and quality you want. Replacement parts are available to repair the flush valves at most RV parts stores. It is now hard to repair if you are handy.