Landmark Cable/satellite operation

blkdodge

I have a portable satellite dish that is hooked up and working perfectly.. Rv park also has cable available. I connected a coax cable to the pedestal and to the Cable connection in the UDC. I can switch between cable and satellite but the cable channels are snowy, satellite channels are crystal clear. Is there something else I need to be doing? I don't want to have to disconnect satellite every time I want to watch cable TV. Any ideas?

blkdodge

Make sure the OTA antenna wall plate power switch is off when trying to watch cable TV.

It is off, when I turned it on the snow got worse, to the point of being unwatchable. At least it is watchable but snowy when the switch is off.

dlw930

When I've had snowy cable connections, it's usually due to a loose coax connection, either at the post or at the UDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

Jim, I use my fingers, so that makes it a digital inspection.

jbeletti

Jim, I use my fingers, so that makes it a digital inspection.

Good one David. Make sure your fingers look down inside each fitting. Things to ensure on a properly crafted F-connector:
- Dielectric materials (foam) is flush with the bottom of the inside of the fitting
- Center conductor is flush to only slightly longer that the top of the fitting
- No gorund/braid hairs visible inside the fitting
- Fitting it crimped/compressed/attached firmly to the coax

blkdodge

Are you saying that when you disconnect the satellite that the cable is good?

No, I'm not disconnecting the satellite. I'm turning satellite off and switching TV from satellite to cable. I shouldn't have to disconnect satellite because I don't want to have to go through the entire setup every time.