Kitchen Island cabinet 1/2 round end

jimtoo

I have been looking and wondering about the 2011 BH 3670RL cabinets. I have seen pictures of the end of the counter with the sink there is a half round cabinet that opens and swings out. This is on the end across from fridge.

My question is, does it work good, does it have a roller on the opening end to support the weight and do you like it?

I may see if the plant has any left overs since 2011 is the only year I can find it being used in. This is depending on answers also.

Thanks
Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, we have one of those barrel end cabinets.
There is no roller to support it.
Mary loads the daylights out of it and I guess that is why I have had to do some repairs along the way.
But, overall she would not want to be without it.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Our counter top extends over the barrel, so no to getting the way.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Thanks Dave, ours has the round extension also, but no cabinet underneath. Thinking of adding it on. Just kinda wonder why they quit installing it as it kinda puts a finishing touch on the cabinets.
Jim M

shelsay

We have this cabinet also, and it is one of the items I lack best about our unit. I use it as storage for my spices, oil, sprays, etc. We had to replace the latch and also renail the actual side of the peninsula cabinet, but it's working great for us.

Westwind

We have it also, there have been a time or two when I wished we didn't have the island so we could get into the frig, but we actually have both worked in the kitchen because of the added counter space, the two have round storage areas on the cabinet are real usefull in one side we keep our aluminum foil, lunch bags, etc. in the other miscellaneous everything. Any storage a kitchen has is useful and they are.