3670RL TV Cable Routing

Rich Knight

Wolfer Wagon
Upon getting my Direct TV Dish and while hooking it up I found that the TV connections on the outside did not work. After hours of checking I found that there was no signal getting thru the cables (Both Front and Rear) the copper conductor in the cable was damaged. I would like to get a wiring diagram of cable routing so I can pull new cables. I have temporarily put in cables so I can watch TV. (Our unit is only 3 Months old). Obvious answer is taken in it and get it fixed, but Warranty Stations are not close. Right now I am in Del Rio, Texas.

SmokeyBare

Look at the Top of the Portal (HomePage)... there is a list of items...

Look for HOOT... then select Under the heading of Popular....

" Advanced Cable Wiring "

Once that loads... you will find 5 pages of detailed information.

Hope this helps.

ChopperBill

Chances are that one of the ends was not crimped on properly and is grounding out. Try putting on new ends first. Only takes one little wire from the braid to screw it up. You have a 50-50 chance that the first one you replace will fix it. If you replace both ends and it still doesnt work you are out of luck with that method. Could be pierced with a screw or nail. My dealer just went ahead a pulled all new cables and left the old ones in. Talk about a mess!

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Upon getting my Direct TV Dish and while hooking it up I found that the TV connections on the outside did not work. After hours of checking I found that there was no signal getting thru the cables (Both Front and Rear) the copper conductor in the cable was damaged. I would like to get a wiring diagram of cable routing so I can pull new cables. I have temporarily put in cables so I can watch TV. (Our unit is only 3 Months old). Obvious answer is taken in it and get it fixed, but Warranty Stations are not close. Right now I am in Del Rio, Texas.

We had a similiar problem with our new 2009 3600RE. None of the coxial connections to the big screen tv worked. I am two hours from the nearest Heartland dealer so after searching for the problem for over two hours myself I finally found it. The coxial cables, both the satellite and the cable/antenna, coming down the back of the coach were simply coiled up underneath the frame. The cables from the front going to the back were also simply coiled up. There were not even connections on them to tie together, just bare ends. I had to take it to the dealer after all so they could drop the bottom to even get to them. After splicing them together the satellite worked but still no cable/antenna. The dealer had to drop the full length of the corrugated bottom and insulation to find that the front of the cable was not connected either. Not only that, but when they tried to pull the cable up to the front connection, it was about four feet to short. After pulling it out, running another longer cable and tieing it to the splitter it finally worked.

After only having my Big Horn for two months I am finding many things like this that were simply never connected or put together properly from the factory. So far, on my coach at least, the quality control from the factory has been very poor. While I do love the layout of the Big Horn and the materials they use in building it, I am beginning to regret the purchase of it due to the workmanship in construction. With fuel prices as they are it is costing me a fortune in trips back to the dealer for repairs. Have another trip to make now to get the icemaker replaced. Hope I get all the bugs worked out soon.

Rich Knight

Wolfer Wagon
Thanks for the quick responses. I got ambious and pulled two new cables yesterday and bypassed their cables. Found one of the factories cut in half by a screw.