Installing screws to interior exterior wall

busted2341

When screwing something to the wall, for example next to the front door, what is the distance or minimum size screw used. Is there about an inch between the wall and the outside walll? What size screw should I use so I don't put a hole throughthe side????

Her and her pictures!

jimtoo

Hi Frank and Dawn,

A lot of folks, including me, are using the Command Strips. We have several in ours on the walls and they work good. They also do not damage the wall if she wants to move something to a different location. Like where she told you in the first place.,, just second choice that you did not read her mind about. :)

Command Strips are available at almost all the stores, this just happen to be easy to find.

Jim M

MCTalley

x2 on the Command Strips. Buy an industrial sized box (we found Target carries a pretty good sized box of them for a reasonable price).

I would venture to guess we've got probably 100+ Command Strips holding things onto our walls.

busted2341

Thanx.....Been married 30 years and for some reason I still can't read her mind like I am supposed to.....Her: "put it right here. Me: "hey Honey it looks great there. Her: "ok put it there" the next day. Her: "looks stupid there you should have told me" Me: I know I was wrong should have said something" I'll move it!

Kbvols

Thanx.....Been married 30 years and for some reason I still can't read her mind like I am supposed to.....Her: "put it right here. Me: "hey Honey it looks great there. Her: "ok put it there" the next day. Her: "looks stupid there you should have told me" Me: I know I was wrong should have said something" I'll move it!

Lol.. Sounds familiar...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bsuds

We use the command strips as well.

I married Mrs Right, just didn't realize her first name was Always!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We use the command strips as well.

I married Mrs Right, just didn't realize her first name was Always!

Pretty funny stuff!

Whenever Cathy tells me I'm right (which is not very often) I mark it on the calander as that makes that date a National Holiday! :p

We also had the Command hooks all over our Trail Runner . . . but just took them all down the other day as we traded it in for our new Prowler, which we pick up this Friday!

Where I'll place many more Command hooks throughout . . .

busted2341

lmao.....funny stuff.....Love it.....By the way, that picture of the kids has been moved 3 x since I started this......."yes dear Miss Always Right!" Thanx all

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it is something that you want to stay permanently, I have used aluminum rivets with great success.

busted2341

...with my wife...forever hanging something....lol...Great idea and for me makes sense but I don't think sense works here! I think she goes to sleep thinking how she can moves things so I can stay busy during the day.....lol....Is this unusual in my case? I wonder out there guys?????