Bathroom water pump switch

jimpav

Yesterday installed another illuminated water pump switch in the bathroom above the toilet. when using the fresh water tank for H2O supply while boondocking or state campgrounds, I do not like to leave the switch on (pressurized) during the night or when we are away from the RV. It seemed that we often would go into the bathroom do do whatever and discover the water pump was not on. Most class A's have a switch right in the bathroom itself. Has anyone else done, or considered this mod??? It would be nice if the OEM put a second switch in the bathroom from the factory.

B

Boatman

Yes, I also added a switch in our bathroom of our BH. Too often we stop and no one ever turns on the pump. Now you can turn it on yourself while in the bathroom. Very handy indeed. I installed a momentary switch, so it is always in the off position.

danemayer

Yes, I also added a switch in our bathroom of our BH. Too often we stop and no one ever turns on the pump. Now you can turn it on yourself while in the bathroom. Very handy indeed. I installed a momentary switch, so it is always in the off position.

Hi Boatman,

I assume you already had 2 switches for the pump; one in the control panel and another in the UDC. Could you sketch a diagram of how you wired in the 3rd switch? I'm sure quite a few people would appreciate it.

It could be as simple as sketching with pen and paper and taking a picture of the sketch to post here.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link to that mod by Jim Beletti. He added switches all over the place. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

I added a second switch for the water pump power in the UDC area. so when I am doing my winterizing or an any other maintenance work, I dont have to run inside

jbeletti

At Heartland, in many brands, there's a single switch to turn power on to the pump. In some brands, there are 2 switches. Landmark is the example I'm familiar with. WAY back, we used to install several water pump switches in Landmark. Later, it went down to 1 switch. I lobbied for a few years and we got a second switch back in the UDC to facilitate winterizing or using the outside shower.

When Heartland uses two water pump switches, generally, they're using using 3-way switches, similar to what's done in a home for 3-way light circuits.

Dave linked to my Water Pump Switch project. While this is not yet installed (busy working on the Goshen rally right now), I'm using what the industry refers to as a "Ground Switch" or "Ground Relay". Basically, it's a latching relay that is latched when the switch lead is shorted to ground momentarily. Short it again and it latches into the opposite state. The relay was $42 (eBay) and is made by Precision Circuits).