Very Happy Heartland Customer

Jett

I just wanted to let everyone know Heartland went FAR above what I'd expect to make everything right on my 3210. After I got off to a very rocky start the first few weeks with my 3210 and dealer, Heartland stepped-in and took care of everything. They let me take my 3210 to a "non-Heartland" dealer that I've worked with for many years. All required repairs were quickly approved and the dealer said he wished all manufacturers were as easy to work with. I'm absolutely positive I wouldn't have received such personalized service from any other RV manfacturer.

I also have to say -- with the benefit of time and 20/20 hindsight -- my problems with the 3210 and the Heartland dealer weren't all that significant. I probably let several relatively minor things get to me and it made the whole situation seem a lot worse than it really was.

Anyway, bottom line is I will definitely make a Heartland product my #1 choice if I'm ever looking for another RV.

Jett

truknutt

Committed Member
Jett,

Glad to hear from you again and even better that it's on a positive note!
What exactly were your issues, if I may ask? I read of your roof gap, water heater issue, and slide roller problem; were there other items that I missed?

I understand if you don't want to rehash the negatives. I was just wondering how long your situation took to be resolved and how long the actual work took?

Again, glad to have a fellow Cyclone Owner back with us.

Truknutt

buckeyebob

happy camper

hello,you had every right to be angry!you dream and save and in some cases ,bbbeeeggg yer wife and finally get that brand new ,never been slept in camper,and stuff aint right!if that was a new chevy you wouldnt expect them to let it leave the factory with problems.the auto industry gives a good warranty on their products and the rv industry should also.one year isnt long enough to get all the problems fixed on some units.bob

Jett

Truknutt,

Most of the problems on my 3210 showed themselves within the first few weeks. After I fixed the initial major problems myself (water heater and slide roller), I only had very minor issues crop-up for several months. Heartland had contacted me, so I decided to wait until after the camping season to get everything fixed. I also wanted to wait to see what else would break. I didn't want to make multiple trips to get everything resolved.

I'm glad I waited because the other roller on the bedroom slide failed just a few days before my appointment. Heartland told me there had been a change on the manufacturing line after my 3210 went through. Mine only had a single small roller (about 2" wide) on each end of the slide. Later models had two rollers on each end -- then they changed again and went to a single long roller on each end.

Since my repair work was done by a non-Heartland dealer, they wanted to remove the rollers and use a full-length Teflon glide plate like their manufacturers use. Heartland approved the modification.

The repair facility said although the gap in the roof panels was excessive, they were afraid that the "repair" might be worse than the excessive gap. I agreed, so we decided to leave it alone.

The wire guide on the living room slide also broke. Fortunately, I noticed it before the wire loom rubbed against the tire enough to wear through the insulation.

After I got over the shock of having some pretty serious problems crop-up in the first few weeks, the unit has been pretty trouble-free after that.

Heartland definitely could have done a better job on the manufacturing line, but they did take care of me after the fact.

O.

Jett

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
hello,you had every right to be angry!you dream and save and in some cases ,bbbeeeggg yer wife and finally get that brand new ,never been slept in camper,and stuff aint right!if that was a new chevy you wouldnt expect them to let it leave the factory with problems.the auto industry gives a good warranty on their products and the rv industry should also.one year isnt long enough to get all the problems fixed on some units.bob

You got that right. With some of the repairs taking months to get done...your warranty period will be used up with just waiting.

jpmorgan37

Jett;

I'm so glad to hear that your outcome was positive. It is so easy to let small issues balloon in to major frustrations, but to be able to have them resolved to our satisfaction has been one of the things that Heartland has been able to do for so many of their customers. Thank you for the positive report and hope to meet you on the road somewhere.

John